Houston, TX United States
St. Mark’s Information Technology Coordinator is a key member of the School’s Operations Team. The role is crucial for the success of students, families, and faculty at St. Mark’s Episcopal School and is responsible for oversight of all areas of the school’s IT experience.
St. Mark’s technical environment includes:
- Students, faculty, and staff have iPads, MacBooks, or Windows computers
- JAMF Pro is Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform
- Both MS365 and Google Apps used extensively
- Wireless infrastructure is Cisco Meraki
- Several locally-hosted systems moving to cloud
- Provides leadership for and coordination of the School’s Information Technology Team consisting of 2-3 members in areas of Help Desk, Systems Administration, and general IT Support
- Supports the School’s Strategic Plan by identifying and guiding strategic technology efforts
- Guides work of Systems Administrator to:
- Perform all functions and procedures necessary to install and maintain school network hardware and software
- Assist with the planning, design and installation of future network expansions as growth demands
- Develop and maintain network procedures to ensure regular system backups on a timely basis
- Maintain inventory of hardware and related peripherals
- Maintain repair history and file server performance statistics
- Assure network security
- Configures local workstations as needed and maintain student, faculty and staff devices Software
- Regularly researches and identifies new and useful software for operations; helps lead the implementation and training processes.
- Ensures software in the school is properly licensed and maintains related records
- Develops and trains staff on software
Budget & Oversight
- Manages activities of outside vendors, consultants, and trainers
- Creates and manages the technology budget
- Supervises technology staff
- Oversees and supports help desk function for students, faculty, parents and staff
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Works in a sometimes highly stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds; to bend, stoop, and reach overhead
- Available for evening and weekend work when needed
About St. Mark’s Episcopal School
The community of St. Mark’s Episcopal School celebrates the uniqueness of each child. We are stewards of our students’ intellectual curiosity, faith, and passion for discovery. We cultivate joy, playfulness, and growth in a child-centered environment. Located in the West University Place neighborhood of Houston, St. Mark’s serves 460 students from 18 months olds through 8th grade. St. Mark’s is an engaging community of learners where the school partners with its families in preparing each student for the path that lies ahead through a stimulating, whole-child school experience. Through offerings in athletics, performing and visual arts, technology, Spanish and a robust curriculum, St. Mark’s prepares its graduates for the many high school options Houston offers, and successfully places its students in high schools which best fit each.
St. Mark’s is an Episcopal school, and as part of the St. Mark’s Episcopal Church parish, is known as a community environment and second home to over 320 families. The school is committed to its positive relationship with families, believing strongly in the power of a fully engaged dynamic between school and home. As a place where children are known, teachers understand what it means to meet children where they are, which plays a crucial role in fostering each child’s spirit.
Interested candidates should complete our online staff application at www.stmes.org/careers.