Exton, PA United States
Position Available: Interim Choral Director/Music Instructor
Start Date: August 2021
FLSA Classification: Exempt
THE CHURCH FARM SCHOOL
1001 E. Lincoln Highway Exton, PA 19341
Since 1918, The Church Farm School has prepared a diverse group of boys with academic ability and good character to lead productive and fulfilling lives by making a college preparatory education financially accessible. Located in Exton, PA, CFS offers a college preparatory education for 190 boys in a boarding/day environment for grades 9 through 12. Additional information about CFS can be found at www.gocfs.net.
CFS seeks a dynamic and collaborative music faculty member to serve as choral director and music instructor for the 2021-2022 school year with the possibility of a permanent appointment beyond 2021-2022. This individual will lead a well-established choir and teach other music classes, including piano. We are looking for someone who has choral conducting experience, demonstrated mastery of the piano and possesses a Music or Music Education Degree, Master’s degree preferred. The ability to play the organ for Chapel service is a plus.
The ideal candidate will join a collaborative arts department, share the joy of teaching in an all-male, culturally diverse, independent boarding, college preparatory school, and will have an understanding and sensitivity to DEI issues. Faculty at CFS maintain regular school hours including one evening per week and occasional on-duty weekends.
Additional full-time responsibilities include advising students and attending regular school meetings, faculty meetings and professional development opportunities. The ideal candidate will be able to participate more broadly in school life by sponsoring clubs and extracurricular activities, coaching interscholastic teams or sponsoring afterschool clubs, chaperoning school activities on and off-campus, serving as an affiliate in regular dormitory duty, being an integrated member of the CFS community, and being available to students in our residential environment.
The school will consider part-time candidates who would teach 2 to 3 classes.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Lead choir and an advanced “singers” group
- Direct two major performances per year (Winter & Spring Concerts)
- Direct minor performances throughout the year such as admissions/development events, Chapel, Gala, graduation, etc.
- Teach 3-4 music classes per semester including piano
- Select appropriate and varied repertoire to fit the vocal needs, abilities, and interests of our students
- Oversee, organize and maintain uniforms and equipment
- Oversee, organize and maintain music scores in our Wenger library
- Care and maintain equipment and studio spaces
- Compose formal report card comments for each student multiple times a year
- Participate in department meetings, regular faculty/staff meetings, grade level and professional development opportunities
- Serve as an advisor to 5-6 students
- Maintain regular school hours including one evening per week and occasional on-duty weekends
- Exhibit enthusiasm and joy while working collaboratively with colleagues and students
- Other duties as assigned.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Church Farm School offers competitive salaries, school housing or a housing stipend, a generous benefits package including retirement plan, paid vacations and medical insurance. The school is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Church Farm School welcomes and celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
POST DATE: August 6, 2021
Apply by letter to the address above (attn: Assistant Head of School) or by email: email@example.com. Include by separate attachments: cover letter indicating passion for the position, resume or curriculum vitae of qualifications and experiences and names and contact information for three professional references. Please enter the position in the subject line of the email.