Saratoga, CA United States
JOB TITLE Lower School Assistant Teacher
START DATE August 2023
REPORTS TO Head of Lower School
FLSA DESIGNATION Exempt- Salaried
SCHEDULE 10-month position, full-time
COMPENSATION $62,000 – $75,000
TO APPLY please visit this link.
Saint Andrew’s Episcopal School, an independent school in Saratoga, CA, is seeking a full-time Lower School Assistant Teacher beginning in August 2023. The assistant teacher supports the classroom teacher and is dedicated to a single grade level guided by the lead teachers. Assistant teachers help with the planning and implementation of instruction, particularly in small groups or one-on-one, and participate in all activities of the school including weekly grade-level meetings, faculty committees, Open Houses, and professional development opportunities.
School Mission – A wholehearted education in the heart of Silicon Valley.
The mission of Saint Andrew’s Episcopal School is to offer an enriched curriculum within the tradition and values of the Episcopal Church. We aim to educate the whole student, developing as fully as possible the intellectual, spiritual, physical, and social capacities of each student.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
By embracing diversity, we are a stronger community.
Saint Andrew’s Episcopal School is a community rooted in kindness. We believe that learning happens best when we bring our whole self to school. We support every person’s right to define, express, and live comfortably within their own evolving identity. We are committed to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that recognizes the worth of each individual.
Our Episcopal faith is anchored in inclusivity and love as guided by the National Association of Episcopal Schools. One of its hallmarks is to celebrate the diversity of beliefs and perspectives around life’s questions, no matter one’s traditions. Human reason and critical thinking in the pursuit of knowledge are valued as a means to grow deeper in our spiritual journey. Episcopal schools cultivate a strong sense of ethics and develop agents of change through all aspects of the student experience.
The duties of the Lower School Assistant Teacher include but are not limited to the following:
- Contribute to the planning and teaching of developmentally appropriate lessons and activities to meet student needs, particularly in small groups and one-on-one
- Assist students with developing emotional/social skills, embracing their evolving identity, and recognizing their individual worth
- Help establish a classroom environment with clear and consistent routines and expectations to promote student autonomy and engagement
- Ensure the safety of each student by supervising arrival, dismissal, recess, and transitions between classrooms
Support differentiated learning experiences
- Contribute to interdisciplinary curriculum design and student support strategies with the grade level team and specialist teachers
- Help prepare hands-on materials
- Embrace the use of technology
- Participate in parent-teacher conferences
- Participate in, and help support, Back to School Nights and admissions events as appropriate
- Engage in ongoing professional development experiences, including out of the area opportunities, throughout the calendar year (including summer) as directed and supported by the administration
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Move around campus and participate in student field trips, including overnight trips
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Experience working with elementary school students and families in a nurturing and supportive manner
- Strong interpersonal skills
- An enthusiastic and strong work ethic
- Planning and organizing skills
- Commitment to lifelong learning and professional growth
To Apply. Click here.