Boca Raton, FL United States
Saint Andrew’s School seeks employees who are committed to our mission to build a community of learners, provide excellence in education, and nurture each student in Mind, Body, and Spirit. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds and experiences will help us promote an inclusive school culture. We are committed to respecting the dignity of each member of our community, and we strive to recruit a diverse and talented faculty and staff.
Saint Andrew’s School is seeking a Chaplain for our Lower School division. The Lower School Chaplain is responsible, in coordination with the Head of the Lower School and the Head Chaplain, for maintaining and enhancing the Episcopal identity of Saint Andrew’s School as articulated in the vision and mission statement of the school, and is responsible for the implementation of the spiritual dimension of the Lower School.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach Pre- Kindergarten through fifth grade sections of Virtues and theology as a member of the Theology Department
- Coordinate the Council for Spirituality and Ethics Education Virtues curriculum with the Lower School faculty
- Responsible for Lower School Chapels in coordination with Lower School Division Head and School Chaplain
- Facilitate Lower School Christian Fellowship meetings with grades 3-5,
- Coordinates LS Faculty devotions
- Member of the Saint Andrew’s Chaplaincy
- Member of the Chapel Planning Team
- Lower School Leadership Team
- Equity and Justice Division Steering Committee
Other Administrative and Programmatic Responsibilities
- Assist Chaplain to coordinate and facilitate Special Services such as: Saint Andrew’s Day, Ash Wednesday services, Honor Pinning and other all school Chapel Services
- Coordinate chapels and events with Verger and Chaplaincy
- Participate in Lower School Admissions Open Houses and meet with prospective admissions candidates
- Oversee and coordinate the Community Service Activities within the Lower School and in cooperation with the Middle and Upper School.
- The pastoral role of the Lower School Chaplain will be developed in coordination with the Lower School Division Head and the Chaplaincy
- Master’s Degree – M.Div or equivalent preferred
- Ordained Episcopal Priest preferred
- Demonstrated cultural competence
- Proven leadership ability
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Significant elementary classroom teaching experience
Saint Andrew’s School is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, gender, race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or familial status, pregnancy, disability or handicap, genetic information, military status, or any other protected status in accordance with the requirement of all federal, state, and local laws.
Saint Andrew’s is a drug-free workplace. All employees must successfully maintain an acceptable Level II criminal background check. Saint Andrew’s School may, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the school’s changing needs.
Interested candidates can apply here: