Boca Raton, FL United States
About Saint Andrew’s School
Saint Andrew’s School is an independent, co-educational school for grades PreK – 12, Saint Andrew’s is both a day school and a boarding school, educating students from across the United States and throughout the world. As a college preparatory school in the Episcopal tradition, Saint Andrew’s welcomes students of all faiths, customs, cultures, and beliefs. “Honor Above All,” academic excellence and education in Mind, Body, and Spirit reflect Saint Andrew’s experience. We are committed to educating the “whole child” while instilling a dedication to lifelong learning.
Saint Andrew’s School seeks employees who are committed to our mission to provide educational excellence in an inclusive community, fostering lifelong learning and nurturing each individual in mind, body, and spirit in the Episcopal tradition. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds and experiences will help us promote an inclusive school culture. We are committed to respecting the dignity of each member of our community, and we strive to recruit a diverse and talented faculty and staff.
The School Chaplain is responsible, in coordination with the Head of Lower School and the Head Chaplain for maintaining and enhancing the Episcopal identity of Saint Andrew’s School as articulated in the vision and mission statement of the school and is responsible for the implementation of pastoral care and the spiritual dimension of the Lower School. As part of the Chaplaincy, the School Chaplain works across all three school divisions with primary responsibility for Lower School.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach Pre- Kindergarten through fifth grade sections of Virtues and theology as a member of the Theology Department
- Review and update on an annual basis the Virtues curriculum to reflect aspects of Personal, Social, and Physical Education within the Lower School’s IB Primary Years Programme
- Responsible for Lower School Chapel in coordination with Lower School Division Head and Head Chaplain
- Facilitate Lower School Christian Fellowship meetings with grades 3-5
- Coordinates LS Faculty devotions
- Member of the Saint Andrew’s Chaplaincy
- Member of the Chapel Planning Team
- Lower School Leadership Team
- Equity and Justice Division Steering Committee
Other Administrative and Programmatic Responsibilities
- Assist Head Chaplain to coordinate and lead Special Services such as: Saint Andrew’s Day, Ash Wednesday services, Honor Pinning and other all school Chapel Services
- Participate in Lower School Admissions Open Houses and meet with prospective admissions candidates
- Attend divisional meetings and other division-wide events as assigned.
- Develop Community Service Activities within the Lower School and in cooperation with the Middle and Upper School.
- The School Chaplain will provide pastoral care in coordination with the Lower School Division Head and the other Chaplains.
- Master’s Degree: M.Div or equivalent preferred
- Ordained Episcopal Priest preferred
- Demonstrated cultural competence
- Proven leadership ability
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Significant elementary classroom teaching experience
Saint Andrew’s School is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, gender, race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or familial status, pregnancy, disability or handicap, genetic information, military status, or any other protected status in accordance with the requirement of all federal, state, and local laws.
Saint Andrew’s is a drug-free workplace. All employees must successfully maintain an acceptable Level II criminal background check. Saint Andrew’s School may, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the school’s changing needs.
Interested candidates can apply here: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=77312&clientkey=181ADBFEB46AE30C95ACA85F9EA6491C
Questions can be directed to Dr. Benjamin Anthony, Head Chaplain at email@example.com