Oakland, CA United States
Mission Statement: St. Paul’s prepares students to be confident and skilled learners, cultivates in them a strong sense of purpose, and inspires them to be generous and active citizens of the world.
St. Paul’s Episcopal School, located across from Lake Merritt in Oakland, enrolls approximately 380 students from diverse backgrounds in Kindergarten – Grade 8. St. Paul’s provides an education that is intellectually challenging, culturally pluralistic, and morally and spiritually enriching. Caring, committed faculty members, in partnership with parents, serve as role models, mentors and guides. St. Paul’s has an academically talented and ethnically diverse student body and seeks the same in its faculty.
The Lower School Coordinator will support the Lower School Director and the Lower School program, students, and teachers. This individual will assist the Lower School Director with day-to-day functions, correspondences, meeting logistics, and minutes. They will handle general communication to Lower School families and faculty and staff. The Lower School Coordinator will also work with and interface directly with students as someone who may provide last-minute coverage in the classroom if needed and during regular supervision responsibilities. The Lower School Coordinator will also partner with the Executive Assistant, Front Desk/COVID Liaison, and other administrative staff on various projects throughout the school to support the program and broader community as needed. The ideal candidate is someone who is familiar with elementary school programming, and who is comfortable with working with both adults and children.
- Assist Lower School Director with day-to-day functions, correspondences, meeting logistics and minutes; schedule meetings, appointments, and maintains the LS Director’s calendar
- Manages LS internal and external calendar
- Prepares the Lower School Director’s weekly memos; support the LS Director with correspondence to faculty, staff, parents, and students. This is done in mailings, memos, emails and the Sunday memo
- Handles general communication to LS families and faculty/staff (Assist with information gathering, documentation and editing of LS communications)
- Updates and maintains substitute list; supervises substitutes
- Finds coverage for and records teacher and staff absences
- Arrange coverage for pre-planned absences in the Lower School, and manage documentation of all lower school absences
- Provides last minute coverage for teacher and staff absences
- Supports LS Director in management of student data, such as progress report editing, and assembly/distribution of Pass Up files
- Provides logistical planning and support for LS events
- Develops/coordinates LS schedules (field trips, progress reports, rehearsals, etc.)
- Collaborates with LS Director, Executive Assistant to the HOS, to manage candidate application files, schedule demo lessons, and host potential candidates
- Support lower school faculty and students
- Assist faculty and staff with administrative duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years related experience in a nonprofit or school environment
- Classroom teaching or equivalent experience
- Excellent organization and technology skills, including experience working on databases and websites
- A collaborative and transparent work style, with the ability to adapt to working within an office/department environment and in a front-facing role interfacing with students and parents
- Comfortable interfacing with both students and adults
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Enjoys working in a school environment with diverse constituents
- Familiarity with diversity, equity, and inclusion work
This is a full-time position with benefits.
St. Paul’s is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, age, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. St. Paul’s is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay and other forms of compensation, training, and other terms and conditions of employment.
St. Paul’s requires that all employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit to regular testing.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references, addressed to Nayo Brooks, Director of Lower School. Please send materials electronically, in PDF format to Ryan Louie, Assistant to the Head of School: email@example.com