Boca Raton, FL United States
About Saint Andrew’s School
Saint Andrew’s School is an independent, co-educational school for grades PK-12, Saint Andrew’s is both a day school and a boarding school, educating students from across the United States and throughout the world. As a college preparatory school in the Episcopal tradition, Saint Andrew’s welcomes students of all faiths, customs, cultures, and beliefs. “Honor Above All,” academic excellence and education in Mind, Body, and Spirit reflect Saint Andrew’s experience. We are committed to educating the “whole child” while instilling a dedication to lifelong learning.
Saint Andrew’s School seeks employees who are committed to our mission to provide educational excellence in an inclusive community, fostering lifelong learning and nurturing each individual in mind, body, and spirit in the Episcopal tradition. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds and experiences will help us promote an inclusive school culture. We are committed to respecting the dignity of each member of our community, and we strive to recruit a diverse and talented faculty and staff.
Members of the Lower School faculty are responsible for planning and delivering instruction that is attentive to individual students’ intellectual, social, emotional, and spiritual needs in accordance with the school’s philosophy, and for establishing and maintaining a positive learning environment where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for academic growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with co-teacher to plan and deliver classroom instruction
- Apply a range of strategies to successfully manage a classroom
- Work with grade level team on curriculum development and school initiatives
- Record and maintain school, classroom, and students’ information such as attendance, student files, referral information, progress reports
- Participate in departmental/division meetings, planning projects, activities, and school related evening and weekend programs, as necessary
- Communicate with parents and professional colleagues on a regular basis
- Integrate technology into the teaching-learning process
- Assist students in developing self-discipline and a sense of responsibility
- Participate in supervisory responsibilities as assigned
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Lower School
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Record of successful teaching
- Genuine affection for children
- Willingness to work with a range of learning abilities
- Experience integrating technology into teaching environments
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with a team of educators
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Cultural competence
- Growth mindset
- International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme
- Teachers College Reading and Writing Programs Units of Study
- Singapore Methods Math
- Google Suite for Education
Saint Andrew’s School is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, gender, race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or familial status, pregnancy, disability or handicap, genetic information, military status, or any other protected status in accordance with the requirement of all federal, state, and local laws.
Saint Andrew’s is a drug-free workplace. All employees must successfully maintain an acceptable Level II criminal background check. Saint Andrew’s School may, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the school’s changing needs.