San Mateo, CA United States
Lower School Lead Teacher
We are seeking engaging, creative and innovative team members who will support our students and parents to carry forth the Episcopal tradition, Mission, Philosophy and Core Values of our school. St. Matthew’s is an equal opportunity employer.
- Model the school’s philosophy in working with students, parents, colleagues and administration
- Work with the Lower School Director to carry out the academic program: curriculum development and implementation, classroom management, student assessment and parent communication
- Collaborate with grade level colleagues, as well as work closely with other lower school faculty around teaching and learning
- Facilitate the emotional and social development of each student
- Support students in achieving their full potential of development and growth, through observation of students’ behavior and needs, and consult with the school counselor and Director of Learning Services
- Write two progress reports, a mid-year and year-end checklist and narrative report, and hold parent-teacher conferences
- Attend and participate in the following: chapels, faculty in-service meetings, student assemblies, and other school functions, as requested
- Attend weekly faculty meetings and actively participate in curricular discussions
- Participate in professional development opportunities and keep current on educational issues and trends
Qualifications and Salary
A minimum of two years prior experience in an elementary school is essential. A master’s degree and California or other state teaching credential are preferred, but not required. This position is competitively compensated with benefits. Salary is dependent upon personal qualifications and experience.
St. Matthew’s Episcopal Day School Mission Statement
The School’s mission is to inspire, through an academically challenging course of study, the intellectual curiosity, confidence, moral courage, and character that prepare students to be leaders of positive change in the world.
Interested candidates should address cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. Please include “Lower School Lead Teacher Position” in the email subject line.