Palm Beach Gardens, FL United States
Guided by the theory and practice of Conscious Discipline, our teachers focus on the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual growth of each child to create a nurturing and stimulating learning environment. The lower school academic program fosters independent and collaborative learning in a flexible, self-contained homeroom. This position demands a teacher with the developmental and pedagogical background to embrace young children. Ideal candidates seek to partner with parents, collaborate with team members, and demonstrate a commitment to professional growth.
Qualified candidates should have the following competencies:
- an understanding of foundational skills in math and literacy.
- an ability to establish and maintain strong home-to-school partnerships.
- professional and polished interpersonal skills to build strong relationships.
- excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- proficiency in educational technology.
- teaching an intentional social and emotional learning curriculum
- providing developmentally appropriate instruction and assessment in math, literacy, social studies, and science.
- facilitating the “The Daily 5” math and guided reading program.
- differentiating instruction to meet the individual needs of all students.
- integrating authentic, age appropriate technology into curriculum.
- communicating sensitively, regularly, and honestly with parents.
Preferred Professional Qualifications:
- a bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education.
- Florida teaching certificate, temporary certificate or willingness to obtain certification.
- previous teaching experience.
- familiarity with independent school culture and comfort with a faith-based school.
For more information on St. Mark’s Episcopal School, visit our website at stmarkspbg.org. Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Page Cash, Head of Lower School, at email@example.com