Nashville, TN United States
Episcopal School of Nashville seeks a passionate, entrepreneurial, and hard-working individual who is energized by work with families to serve as a Lower School Teaching Assistant beginning July 1, 2021.
Located in the historic Ross Building in East Nashville, the school opened its doors in the summer of 2016. Episcopal School of Nashville is a diverse urban independent school and is dedicated to nurturing the joy of learning and the spirit of discovery in each of its students. Caring, committed faculty members, in partnership with parents, serve as role models, mentors, and guides. Episcopal School continually strives for an academically talented and ethnically diverse student body and seeks the same in its faculty.
The Lower School Teaching Assistant will work in the classroom with the lead teacher. The candidate should have a commitment to student-centered learning and a solid understanding of pedagogical approaches aimed at deep and differentiated learning. They need an ability to work collaboratively with a positive spirit and sense of humor, as well as a growth mindset as demonstrated by a willingness to take feedback, be reflective, and adapt as needed.
Excellent communication and organizational skills and a strong understanding of child development (academically, socially, and emotionally) is a necessity. Passion for working with the young child and enthusiasm for relationship building with students, colleagues, and parents is a must. They need a commitment to support and be a part of building a diverse community. Bachelor’s Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree in Education and prior teaching experience preferred.
They will be expected to successfully meet the following responsibilities:
- Understand and support Episcopal School of Nashville’s mission, values, and culture
- Be knowledgeable about and sensitive to the needs of young learners
- Be a colleague of the classroom teachers and other Episcopal School faculty
- Work in the classroom with the teacher, offering whatever assistance is needed
- Support the plans of the teacher
- Assist in the preparation of materials for the classroom
- Assist teacher with individual or small group instruction and supervision during individualized learning times
- Assist teacher with classroom discipline, following the lead of the teacher
- Show initiative, including but not limited to, room appearance, bulletin boards,
- Escort the students to and from Specials classes
- Assist in the supervision of the playground
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to our Episcopal School of
Nashville hiring team through email@example.com.