Austin, TX United States
Trinity Episcopal School seeks a highly qualified Lower School Technology Integration Specialist.
Trinity Episcopal School is a forward thinking, independent day school with approximately 500 students in kindergarten through eighth grade located in Westlake Hills, close to downtown Austin, Texas.
Overview of position: The Lower School Technology Integration Specialist is charged with overseeing all aspects of technology teaching and instructional technology usage in the Lower School (grades K-4). The central mission of his/her work is to ensure students are learning key skills and mindsets and that technology is being used effectively to leverage student learning across the disciplines taught in the Lower School.
The Technology Integration Specialist holds responsibility for the direct teaching of the technology curriculum and works in a leadership capacity to ensure effective integration of technology skills/concepts and design thinking across the division. He/she purposefully promotes technology integration in accordance with the National Education Technology Standards. Responsibilities include keeping an eye toward best practices that promote:
- Improving higher-order thinking skills, such as problem solving, critical thinking, and creativity
- Preparing students to be innovators in a competitive global job market
- Designing student-centered, project-based, and online learning environments
Also, from a division-wide standpoint, he/she should collaborate with teachers and other key leaders to:
- Guide systemic change in our school to create digital places of learning and innovative thinking
- Inspire digital-age professional models for working, collaborating, and decision making
Strategic areas of focus
- Leveraging technology to personalize the Trinity education
- Leveraging technology to create more cognitively-demanding tasks for students and to deepen learning in particular disciplines
- Leveraging technology to ensure collaboration in teaching practices
- Promoting innovative teaching and thinking among teachers and students
As the Technology Integration Specialist, he/she supports Trinity’s Lower School division in these areas:
- collaborating with teachers to use technology to improve the quality of education and provide students new opportunities; assisting teachers with effective usage of iPads for learning, teaching, and creating; working with faculty members to integrate technology in the classroom by observing current teaching methods, devising innovative practices, and facilitating the adoption of such methods
- curriculum planning, integrated or supplemental instruction, and teacher training around technology function and usage, media creation, basic programming, 3D design, digital citizenship, and digital research tools
- managing, maintaining, and promoting the D-Lab, an Innovation/Maker-Space for developing ideas and solving problems, and collaboratively coordinating grade-level or school-wide Design challenges and events
- working closely with grade-level team members, specialists, administrators, and other colleagues to ensure that all students make academic and social progress per Trinity’s Mission and Core Values
- co-teaching the Inquiry Seminar (research methods) course in 4th grade as part of a collaborative Library-Research-Technology department with a specific focus on ensuring opportunities to teach technology skills and concepts within the structure of this distinctive and integrated course
- instructing and assisting in the use of technology tools, software, and peripherals such as iOS apps, digital cameras, digital media recorders, and interactive technology
- overseeing and guiding instructional coherence of technology skill and concept development for students and teachers
- promoting effective collaboration and communication among staff, students, parents, and the community using digital tools such as class websites, digital portfolios, etc.
At Trinity Episcopal School, we nurture each child academically, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. We honor each child’s spirit for learning and life, ever mindful that we are all children of God.
At Trinity, our faculty
- seek knowledge of current instructional theories as a commitment to understanding and professional growth
- demonstrate a vast repertoire of effective and engaging instructional strategies that meet the needs of all students
- hold high – but not uniform – standards for/expectations of all students
- maximize instructional minutes
- model, teach, and expect age-appropriate disciplined behaviors in a way that is mission-consistent and respectful
- meaningfully and personally engage with all students
- actively support colleagues
- positively and actively contribute to the life of the school
- collaborate with parents in the best interest of the students
- understand and respect the principal qualities of an Episcopal school
- respect and seek understanding in all facets of diversity
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited school, superior teaching skills, excellent character, and a proven legacy of outstanding classroom performance. Excellent writing skills and strong verbal communication skills are expected. The ability to be an innovative, collaborative, and positive member of the faculty is required.
Resumes and letters of application should be sent to Human Resources at Trinity Episcopal School, 3901 Bee Cave Road, Austin, TX 78746, or by email to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Trinity Episcopal School invites all qualified individuals who share our core values to apply for faculty positions. All faculty members must be able to support Trinity’s mission as a Christian school.
Trinity Episcopal School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Trinity Episcopal School complies with applicable state and local laws governing, non–‐discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.