Boca Raton, FL United States
Saint Andrew’s School seeks employees who are committed to our mission to build a community of learners, provide excellence in education, and nurture each student in Mind, Body, and Spirit. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds and experiences will help us promote an inclusive school culture. We are committed to respecting the dignity of each member of our community, and we strive to recruit a diverse and talented faculty and staff.
The Lower School Theology Instructor is responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and spiritual growth; and for organizing and implementing an instructional program that will result in students achieving academic success. This position will be responsible for teaching Pre-K through Grade 5 Theology classes. This position is an important part of supporting the Episcopal identity of Saint Andrew’s School as articulated in the vision and mission statement of the school.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach Pre- Kindergarten through fifth grade sections of Virtues/Theology (based on the Council for Spiritual and Ethical Education) and theology curriculum
- Coordinate the Virtues of the Month with the Lower School faculty
- Coordinate student participation in Lower School Chapels with classroom teachers and Lower School Division Head and School Chaplain.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; Master’s degree preferred
- A willingness to collaborate
- Cultural competence
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Clear written and oral communication skill
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Significant elementary classroom teaching experience
Saint Andrew’s School is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, gender, race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or familial status, pregnancy, disability or handicap, genetic information, military status, or any other protected status in accordance with the requirement of all federal, state, and local laws.
Saint Andrew’s is a drug-free workplace. All employees must successfully maintain an acceptable Level II criminal background check. Saint Andrew’s School may, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the school’s changing needs.
Interested applicants should apply here: