Sewanee, TN United States
YOU BELONG HERE.
St. Andrew’s-Sewanee School seeks a mission-driven, creative Marketing and Communications Coordinator to develop and implement a messaging strategy designed to promote the school’s enrollment and retention objectives and assist in alumni relations and fundraising goals. The ideal candidate must be a strategic thinker and strong writer able to develop and design communications that promote brand unity, messaging unity and consistency across multiple channels. The Coordinator must show a passion for telling the SAS story, its mission, and its strategic future. This is a 12-month, full-time position, and reports to the Director of Admission and Financial Aid.
Successful candidates for employment will have a demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence.
ABOUT ST. ANDREW’S-SEWANEE SCHOOL
Named one of the eight most beautiful high schools in the South by Southern Living magazine, St. Andrew’s-Sewanee School (www.sasweb.org) is a private, co-educational, Episcopal, day and boarding college-preparatory school serving 240 students in grades 6-12. Established in 1868, the school welcomes students from around the country and around the world. Our faculty and staff appreciate abundant outdoor adventure, access to the cultural opportunities of the nearby University of the South, and the joy of cultivating close relationships in a small community.
POSITION: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and execute annual marketing and communication plans that engage internal and external constituents to inform and increase awareness of St. Andrew’s-Sewanee School, generate interest among prospective families, strengthen our brand awareness, and raise visibility regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Identify emerging marketing opportunities, design effective targeting strategies, and report on results.
- Oversee the production of a variety of materials meant to increase the school’s visibility and competitive positioning and enhance the public’s perception of the school.
- Develop and implement admission marketing and communication strategies, including outreach to prospective students and families from inquiry to enrollment, and continued support for new students and families to welcome them to our community.
- Work across all departments, including Athletics and the Arts, to trumpet student activities and successes.
- Collaborate with the Advancement and Alumni Offices to design and implement marketing and communication strategies to strengthen donor engagement and drive increased contributions and participation.
- Create and direct a comprehensive publications program (concept, design, content, editorial, and production for paper and electronic communications) that reaches and influences the school’s target audiences.
- Shape and maintain the strategic and creative direction of the school’s website.
- Develop and manage an integrated online presence on social media platforms.
- Manage the school’s graphic identity and brand awareness by vetting all departments’ and campus groups’ use of logos/messages. Aid in design of acceptable logos, t-shirts, etc.
- Manage the Marketing and Communications budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with photography, videography, website content management and design, and social media marketing.
- Experience in marketing and communications with independent schools, college/university or nonprofit organizations.
- Outstanding organizational and presentation skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple creative projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative and artistic vision and direction.
- Experience in desktop publishing design and management of design production.
- Demonstrated success as a confident problem solver.
- Proven track record as an independent and goal-oriented manager with a dedication to meeting deadlines.
This is a full-time, 12-month, non-exempt position. Benefits include a tuition remission plan, health and dental insurance, worker’s compensation, short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, defined contribution retirement plan, and eligibility for grants for professional enrichment and continuing education.
Applications should be directed to the Marketing and Communications Search Committee. Please include a letter of introduction, a résumé, and at least two professional references. In addition to fulfilling application requirements as stated in this position posting, all applicants must complete an Employment Application. We will begin reviewing applications immediately and will close applications when the position is filled.
Direct applications and inquiries to:
Marketing and Communications Coordinator Search Committee
c/o Andrea Booher (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Assistant to the Head of School
St. Andrew’s-Sewanee School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.