Metairie, LA United States
St. Martin’s Episcopal School is seeking out candidates to fill the position of Martin Family Librarian. The Martin Family Librarian is primarily responsible for the instructional & clerical tasks in the Media Center, as well as staffing of the circulation desk, maintaining an orderly facility, working with classroom faculty in developing library projects, and assisting in all areas of information literacy instruction in the Middle & Upper School. The Librarian will also serve as either a Middle or Upper School grade level advisor.
- A graduate degree earned at a college or university whose program is recognized by the American Library Association (ALA), the American Association of School Librarians (AASL) / Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), or other state agencies
- Master of Library and Information Science, MLIS (preferred)
- Louisiana Certification as a School Librarian (preferred)
- 5 years experience (preferred)
- The candidate must be energetic & tech-savvy with a drive to integrate educational technology and library programs; must have interpersonal, collaborative, & leadership skills. Must have the ability to create information literacy & reading incentive programs, plus Library circulation and processing tasks. Extra-curricular involvement and student advising will be expected.
- The candidate should understand how to apply the American Association of School Librarian (AASL) standards to instruction, curriculum partnership, and educational technology.
- The candidate should have curriculum design & development experience, as well as a working knowledge of reading trends and literacy instruction. (Preferred).
- The candidate should have experience with Library Management Software and Learning Management Software. (Preferred)
If you are interested in applying for this position please email a letter of interest and resume to Angela Day at HR@stmsaints.com
St. Martin’s is actively working to create a diverse work community. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. St. Martin’s School is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. St. Martin’s does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, gender or gender identity, age, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If you are interested in applying for this position please email a letter of interest and resume to Angela Day at HR@stmsaints.com.