Rancho Santa Margarita, CA United States
St. John’s Episcopal School, an independent Episcopal school in Rancho Santa Margarita for students 8 weeks old through 8th Grade, is hiring a Middle Division World History/Math Teacher. The candidate will provide instruction for Middle Division students in 7th Grade.
Position: August 25, 2020, through June 18, 2021; Full-Time
Reports to: Middle Division Principal
Compensation and Benefits: Compensation is based upon experience.
St. John’s Episcopal School offers a compelling benefits package to all benefit-qualified employees, including Health benefits; employer-paid pension plan with full immediate vesting and limited-match; employer-paid life insurance; employer-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance; and tuition remission (50-70%, depending on years of employment) for children of faculty/staff.
Start: August 25, 2020
• Meet the School’s curriculum goals and objectives
• Develop and deliver engaging lessons to students in the division, using a variety of best teaching practices
• Serve as a grade-level advisor to a small group of boys or girls
• Assess and monitor students’ progress
• Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of a diverse population of students
• Collaborate with faculty to further an integration of subjects in a STEAM school
• Communicate effectively and maintain a positive rapport with students, parents, and
• Maintain a classroom environment that supports students’ learning and is an accurate
reflection of current studies
• Perform other duties as assigned or needed
Bachelor of Arts Degree
3 Years of Middle School Teaching Experience
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter indicating their interest in and qualifications for the position, and a current resume to Associate Head of School for Innovation/Middle Division Principal, James Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org.