Atlanta, GA United States
St. Martin’s Episcopal School is seeking a culturally competent and responsive candidate to serve as a Middle School Administrative Assistant. This position will provide direct support to the Middle School Principal and the Middle School at-large. The Middle School Administrative Assistant works with parents, staff, faculty, and students in multiple capacities, thus this role requires a high degree of professional judgment, discretion, diplomacy, and commitment to confidentiality.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of this job include, but are not limited to the following essential functions:
- Act as key and primary point of contact for Middle School Principal. Professionally interface with students, faculty, staff, and parents.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and proactively manage Middle School Principal’s calendar and activities, make appointments, anticipate conflicts, and update the calendar accordingly.
- Handle incoming middle school telephone calls and respond as appropriate.
- Meet with the Middle School Principal weekly with updates on current issues, initiatives, and review of the calendar.
- Coordinate and arrange travel arrangements for Middle School Principal and faculty members when requested.
- Plan, manage, and execute projects assigned by the Middle School Principal
- Assist and collaborate with other members of faculty and staff.
- Take initiative to suggest improvements, make recommendations and complete special projects and improve work processes.
- Compose drafts and a variety of materials including inter-office emails, parent letters, newsletters, informational packets, and other materials.
- Prepare, maintain, and process a variety of confidential correspondence, records, and reports.
- Coordinate the flow of Middle School communications.
- Assist with overseeing departmental budgets and invoice coding.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and conferences including making room reservations, organizing setups, and planning food service.
- Update calendar and event information on the school website.
- Assist the receptionist with daily attendance.
- Event planning as assigned such as graduation, special speakers, and assemblies.
- Enter student schedules into the school database to create student schedules and compile student co-curricular class lists.
- Request substitute teachers as assigned to assure adequate coverage of classrooms, and provide materials and pertinent information to substitutes.
- Oversee the coordination of yearly overnight trips. Arrange meetings with the appropriate faculty to outline and organize fine details of each trip and prepare agendas for parent meetings.
- Assist Middle School Principal with organizing incoming middle school teacher candidate files, making interview appointments, and coordinating interview schedules.
- Compile the yearly Middle School textbook list and coordinate with the online school store vendor and order yearly teacher and student supplies.
- Transcribe and distribute meeting minutes as directed.
- Collaborate on projects with the administrative team.
- Work with the admissions team to coordinate student visits and testing.
- Assist with admissions open house events, and welcome potential families.
- Work with the Emergency Management Team to coordinate and carry out safety drills.
- Serve as an active member of committees as needed.
- At least 3-5 years of previous office experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet, Google.
- Experienced in report writing and business correspondence.
- Proven track record of conducting and collecting confidential research, analyzing the data, reaching valid conclusions, making recommendations and proposing plans of action.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various groups including parents, faculty/staff, and the general public.
- Associate’s Degree or higher
- Experience in an Independent School setting
- Ability to multitask, organize and prioritize work.
- Works independently with minimum supervision.
- Punctual and attentive to deadlines.
- Attention to detail
- Dedicated work ethic
- Customer service directed
- Discrete and confidential
- Receptive to constructive criticism and direction
- Professional image in speaking skills and appearance
The position is a 12-month, Administrative position and follows the typical school calendar. The position will adhere to a regular schedule of Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm. The position is Exempt.
This job is performed inside; the noise level is quiet. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
All employees are expected to support the mission and vision statements of St. Martin’s Episcopal School, and contribute to the overall life of the School.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties, essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be all responsibilities or qualifications of the job.