Houston, TX United States
Saint Thomas’ Episcopal School employs individuals who are committed to upholding our mission of forming honorable men and women through a classical education grounded in a Christ-centered worldview. All faculty are expected to understand and promote the mission, standards, and policies of the School.
We are seeking a passionate and dependable Middle School History Teacher to join our team. This position will require an individual who is able to handle a wide range of responsibilities including administrative tasks.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Ability to teach:
- 6th Grade Religious History (3 sections)
- 7th Grade World History/Geography (2 sections)
- Schedule and prepare students for written and oral examinations.
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of students by using flexible grouping.
- Craft formative and summative assessments that identify student needs and measure student progress effectively.
- Create and maintain an orderly and aesthetic learning environment that accounts for students’ social, emotional, and executive functioning needs.
- Maintains accurate records using both the learning management system, VeraCross.
- Follow the professional code and policies of the school and conduct oneself in a way that promotes the mission of the school.
- Utilize Google Suite, in particular Google Drive, Docs, and Sheets.
- Attend all faculty and staff meetings and required special events (e.g., open houses, Spaghetti Supper, Fall Fair).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education / Certification: Bachelor’s degree required
Experience Required: Minimum of 2 years of related work experience
Required Knowledge: Proficiency in MS Office, Google Docs
Skills / Abilities:
- Lesson planning and the ability to provide engaging and differentiated instruction
- Strong customer service skills and willingness to assist others
- Able to communicate complex information clearly
- Ability to communicate with and motivate children
- Willingness to contribute to the general welfare of the school and its students beyond the classroom
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to coordinate well with other departments and personnel
- Maintaining confidentiality and privacy
- Ethical conduct
Qualified applicants may submit a resume and completed application (available at stes.org) to Jeri Wisdom, Human Resources Generalist at firstname.lastname@example.org.