San Mateo, CA United States
We are seeking an engaging, creative and innovative team member who will support our students and parents to carry forth the Episcopal tradition, Mission, Philosophy and Core Values of our school. St. Matthew’s is an equal opportunity employer.
- Model the school’s philosophy in working with students, parents, colleagues, and administration
- Work with the Middle School Director and Math and Science Department to carry out the academic program: curriculum development and implementation, classroom management, student assessment, and parent communication
- Teach Math and Science classes of approximately 18 students
- Demonstrate professionalism, including discretion, judgment, and integrity
- Collaborate with department colleagues, as well as work closely with other Middle School faculty around teaching and learning
- Facilitate the emotional and social development of each student, which includes leading an advisory of approximately 12 students
- Support students in achieving their full potential of development and growth, through observation of students’ behavior and needs, and consult with the Middle School Dean, the School Counselor and the Director of Learning Services
- Calculate and report grades in real time
- Write narrative progress reports to accompany grades at the end of each semester, and facilitate student-parent-teacher conferences
- Attend and participate in the following: chapels, faculty in-service meetings, student assemblies, and other school functions, as requested
- Attend weekly faculty meetings and actively participate in curricular discussions
- Participate in professional development opportunities and keep current on educational issues and trends
Qualifications and Salary
A love of Math and Science and middle school students is a must. A minimum of two years prior experience in a Math and Science classroom is essential. A master’s degree and California or other state teaching credential are preferred, but not required.
St. Matthew’s Episcopal Day School offers a generous benefits package, is committed to equitable hiring practices, and enthusiastically encourages professionals of all backgrounds to apply.
St. Matthew’s Episcopal Day School Mission Statement
The School’s mission is to inspire, through an academically challenging course of study, the intellectual curiosity, confidence, moral courage, and character that prepare students to be leaders of positive change in the world.