Austin, TX United States
Trinity Episcopal School seek a highly qualified individual to teach middle school mathematics and high school level algebra to middle school students for the 2021-22 School Year.
Trinity Episcopal School is an inclusive, forward-thinking, faith-based K-8 independent school that meets each student where they are to nurture the whole child’s academic, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual growth. Trinity is located in West Lake Hills, close to downtown Austin, Texas.
Overview: We have high expectations for our students and are looking for teachers to join our team who have…
- a strong, comprehensive knowledge base in the area of mathematics and knowledge of best practices in math instruction;
- a passion for mathematics and education;
- a desire to ensure students are engaged and learning at high levels;
- experience using curriculum materials of a higher quality than traditional textbooks;
- expertise differentiating instruction to meet a wide variety of math capabilities.
The Math Teacher is expected to work alongside colleagues to implement the Trinity mathematics curriculum and create a classroom environment consistent with these philosophies and practices:
- Number sense is a core component and is regularly emphasized and developed.
- Students are encouraged to develop efficient and sophisticated strategies to solve problems.
- Models are used regularly to represent student thinking and as tools for computation, promoting the discussion of relationships over procedures.
- Mathematics is constructed conceptually, with as little rote memorization as possible, where students actively engage in creating mathematical generalizations and justifications.
- Priority is placed on communicating one’s thinking and collaborating with peers.
- Practices are utilized that support a wide variety of math capabilities, allow for differentiated instruction, and challenge all learners.
- Student progress is constantly monitored through a variety of assessments (formal and informal, formative and evaluative) to make informed decisions regarding instruction and practice.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include curriculum planning, implementing instruction, and executing effective classroom management strategies. Additionally, teachers are expected to communicate with parents throughout the year through regular correspondence, weekly classroom updates, web-based portals, informal meetings, conferences, and report cards. This position also includes acting as an advisor to a small group of students, providing guidance and support to both the students and their families, and working closely with grade-level team members, specialists, administrators, and other colleagues to ensure that all students make academic and social progress in accordance with our school’s mission and core values.
Our Mission: At Trinity Episcopal School, we will nurture each child academically, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. We will honor each child’s spirit for learning and life, ever mindful that we are all children of God.
At Trinity, our teachers
- seek knowledge of current instructional theories as a commitment to understanding and professional growth
- demonstrate a vast repertoire of effective and engaging instructional strategies that meet the needs of all students
- hold high – but not uniform – expectations of all students
- maximize instructional minutes
- model, teach, and expect age-appropriate disciplined behaviors in a way that is mission-consistent and respectful
- meaningfully and personally engage with all students
- actively support colleagues
- positively and actively contribute to the life of the school
- collaborate with parents in the best interest of the students
- understand and respect the principal qualities of an Episcopal school
- respect and seek understanding in all facets of diversity
Qualifications: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited school, superior teaching skills, excellent character, and a proven legacy of outstanding classroom performance. Excellent writing skills and strong verbal communication skills are expected. Ability to be an innovative, collaborative, and positive member of the faculty is required. Professional development and experience in backwards design and constructivist and inquiry teaching methods are preferred.
To apply: Resumes and letters of application should be sent to Human Resources at Trinity Episcopal School, 3901 Bee Cave Road, Austin, TX 78746, or by email to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and accepted until the position is filled.
Trinity Episcopal School invites all qualified individuals who share our core values to apply for faculty positions. All faculty members must be able to support Trinity’s mission as a Christian school.
Trinity Episcopal School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Trinity Episcopal School complies with applicable state and local laws governing, non–?discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.