AUGUSTA, GA United States
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
Episcopal Day School is seeking a middle school math teacher and student advisor for the 2024-25 school year. This educational leader will bring an energy and passion for teaching with a commitment to fulfilling our school’s mission within our community of students and families. Part of a teaching team, this teacher will cultivate positive relationships with students and create engaging learning experiences that challenge and support students.
EDS is entering year three of Singapore math implementation school-wide and will introduce Singapore Math to 8th grade with an additional traditional Algebra 1 course.
This is a full-time, ten-month faculty position reporting to the Middle School Division Head.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and implement lessons for active student learning; use a variety of tools to assess student progress toward learning goals, making necessary instructional adjustments
- Demonstrate the ability to engage students in content with a focus on conceptual as well as procedural math knowledge
- Support the individual needs of children while managing whole group experiences
- Implement effective classroom management strategies to maintain a classroom environment conducive to learning; we are committed to the Developmental Designs for Middle School approach in advisory and classroom
- Advocate for advisees, encouraging growth toward “responsible independence”
- Collaborate with colleagues to enhance the entire middle school experience for students
- Communicate positively and proactively with parents
- Participate in professional growth opportunities
- Fulfill obligations for student supervision outside the classroom and all professional responsibilities for academic reporting
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in education or in mathematics with an education focus (minimum)
- Teaching experience in middle school
- Genuine interest in and understanding of middle grades child development and respectful management techniques
- An understanding of differentiated instruction strategies
- Strong communication skills with students, families, and colleagues
- Commitment to continuous professional learning and implementation of chosen programs
- The ability to meet varied responsibilities with enthusiasm, creativity, integrity, flexibility, and humor
- Openness to collaboration with colleagues across grade levels
- Technologically literate and able to guide and direct implementation of technology as a tool for teaching and learning
Compensation and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
Contact Head of Middle School Anne Andrews at email@example.com with a resume and cover letter to apply for this position.