Dallas, TX United States
- Provide direct short-term counseling for Middle/Upper School students in grades 8-9 to provide support and address issues interfering with their academic achievement or socialization within the ESD community:
- Maintain accurate documentation of any counseling services within students’ electronic medical record (Magnus).
- Ensure informed consent is documented, when necessary.
- Serve as a liaison among the school, students, parents, and outside professionals to support student success.
- Manage/facilitate the Addressing Behaviors of Concern (ABC) Team, the cornerstone of ESD’s student support system, at the Middle and Upper School level. Collaborate with faculty, administrators, and learning specialists regarding students’ needs.
- Serve as a member of the Middle and Upper School Leadership teams.
- Serve as a member of the Upper School Student Life team.
- Work collaboratively with Middle and Upper School administration and grade-level teams to support students. Attend grade-level meetings.
- Work collaboratively as a member of the Emotional Wellness & Learning Support (EWLS) Services Department in the continued development of a comprehensive student support program:
- Partner with Lower, Middle, and Upper School counselors and administration to ensure continuity of care during divisional transitions.
- In conjunction with other emotional wellness counselors, coordinate social-emotional programs related to developmental concerns including, but not limited to, stress management, anxiety, depression, suicide prevention, and substance misuse prevention.
- Regularly attend EWLS Department meetings.
- Serve as a member of the Extended Absence Team.
- Respond to crisis situations.
- Actively participate in emotional wellness education for students and families.
- Maintain knowledge of community resources and mental health providers.
- Assist admissions department with reviewing applicant files, as requested.
- Demonstrate a willingness to engage actively in the wider ESD school community (e.g., club sponsor, coach, trip chaperone).
- Serve a grade-level co-advisor.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Please complete the following link.