The Plains, VA United States
Grace Montessori School in The Plains, VA is seeking a Montessori Early Childhood Lead Teacher. We are looking for candidates that are reliable, caring and energetic people who can help maintain a safe learning environment and provide support to students. All candidates must have a Montessori Early Childhood Credential from a MACTE accredited training program. 4-year college degree is preferred as well as a minimum of 5 years experience as a lead Montessori teacher. The ideal candidate must have a loving commitment to working with children, strong communication skills and be dedicated to the Montessori philosophy. This is a fun and flexible job where you get to build lasting relationships and interact with a variety of personalities.
- Have a joyful disposition and love of working with children
- Have the ability to interact with students and co-workers in a warm, empathetic, confident manner.
- Willingness to embrace and learn about faith-based Montessori – Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
- Have the ability to be flexible and follow the needs of young children
- Have the ability to squat & sit on the floor
- Be willing to be a part of a growing school
- Be flexible
- Be able to clear TB test and criminal background check upon hire
- Complete pre-service training
- Montessori Early Childhood Credential from a MACTE accredited program
- Some experience working with children in a school or child care environment
- 4-year college degree
- Bi-lingual – Spanish speaker a plus
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org