Charlotte, NC United States
Trinity Episcopal School is seeking a Middle School Academic Dean. A member of the middle school administrative team, the MS Academic Dean will report to the Head of Middle School. The Middle School Academic Dean provides academic leadership and supports the implementation of the curriculum and classroom instruction of all core subjects and enrichment classes. The Middle School Academic Dean supports the work of the Middle School by promoting the mission, values and policies of Trinity Episcopal School. The Academic Dean works with the Head of Middle School to provide guidance to faculty in supporting the academic growth of students. The Middle School Academic Dean also has part-time teaching responsibilities in one of the core academic subjects.
- Curriculum Development and Implementation
- Assessment and Report Cards
- Standardized Testing
- Honor Code and Scholarly Habits
- Teaching Responsibilities in one of the following core areas: English/Language Arts, Math or Social Studies
- Professional Development
- New Faculty Mentoring
- Parent Education
- Interdivisional Communication
- Special Events
- Crisis Management
- All other duties as may be assigned by the Head of the Middle School
- Excellent knowledge and experience with the curriculum and education philosophy of the School, especially in the core areas of literacy, mathematics, science, and the social sciences.
- Masters Degree in curriculum & instruction preferred.
- Familiarity with and commitment to the mission of independent schools and Trinity Episcopal School.
- Demonstrated experience and success working with students, parents and faculty; a strong passion for teaching and for the classroom experience; a sense of joy and enthusiasm in working with all stakeholders.
- Integrity, sound judgment, self-confidence, maturity and a sense of perspective.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, writing, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter and initiator, and ability to effectively work independently and as a member of an administrative team.
- A high level of energy and ability to work on many tasks/projects; a strong work ethic
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, problem solving and effective decision making skills.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to, appreciation for and positive communication with students, faculty and staff of varying racial, ethnic, religious, gender, cultural, disability, sexual orientation and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A love for children and a willingness to go above and beyond in the best interests of students.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to walk through campus
- Ability to assist with some event set-ups, as needed (moving chairs, tables, etc.)
Apply via the website: https://www.tescharlotte.org/careers