Nashville, TN United States
Episcopal School of Nashville seeks a passionate, entrepreneurial, and hard-working individual who is energized by work with families to serve as a Music Teacher beginning August 2020.
Located on the grounds of St. Ann’s Episcopal Church in East Nashville, the school opened its doors in the summer of 2016. Episcopal School of Nashville is a diverse urban independent school, and is dedicated to nurturing the joy of learning and the spirit of discovery in each of its students. Caring, committed faculty members, in partnership with parents, serve as role models, mentors, and guides. Episcopal School continually strives for an academically talented and ethnically diverse student body and seeks the same in its faculty.
Candidates should hold a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in music or music education; strong piano and vocal skills desired. Candidates will embrace the school’s mission and educational philosophy; candidates must be willing to work in a team environment and be positive, inspirational, and family-centered.
The music program seeks to help students grow in their enjoyment, appreciation, understanding, and performance of music; this includes singing, playing instruments, and understanding music theory. The ideal candidate will be a visionary who is an organized and experienced educator, an excellent communicator, a compassionate team-builder, and an ethical leader focused on student-centered learning. They must be able to work collectively with other faculty and staff, be eager about working with students from diverse backgrounds, and lead and inspire students and colleagues. Maintaining a positive classroom culture is also essential.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Teach early Pre-K through sixth grade music classes with an emphasis on singing, movement, musical games, and percussion instruments
- Play piano or keyboard for chapel worship services weekly
- Produce biannual student performance concerts across all grade levels
- Coordinate with Chaplain and staff for “Lessons & Carols” annually
- Collaborate with colleagues in all classes to create a cohesive and integrated program
- Attend faculty meetings and community events outside of school hours
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to our Episcopal School of Nashville team through firstname.lastname@example.org.