Austin, TX United States
Preschool Teaching Fellow
Blue House Preschool at Trinity Episcopal School seeks dynamic Preschool Teaching Fellow for the 2023-2024 school year.
Blue House Preschool at Trinity Episcopal School is an inclusive, forward-thinking, faith-based, independent school that meets each student where they are to nurture the whole child’s academic, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual growth. Blue House is located in West Lake Hills, close to downtown Austin, Texas.
At Blue House Preschool at Trinity Episcopal School, we will nurture each child academically, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. We will honor each child’s spirit for learning and life, ever mindful that we are all children of God.
The Preschool Teaching Fellow collaborates with the Lead Teachers to deliver the most exceptional education and loving experience possible for Blue House Preschool at Trinity Episcopal School. The Fellowship provides “on-the-job” training for individuals to continue their growth and expertise in a fun, progressive, and nature-based environment. The Teaching Fellow will also gain hands-on experience acting as a Lead Teacher in the Blue House Preschool at Trinity Episcopal School After the Bell, Jr. program.
Responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with the Lead Teachers and grade level team on a range of tasks
- Assume the role of Lead Teacher when the Lead Teacher is away from the classroom
- Responsibility as the Lead Teacher for After the Bell Jr. (ATB Jr.)
- Facilitate positive behavior management and counseling with students as daily issues related to social, behavioral, and/or emotional situations arise
- Uphold the mission and values of Trinity Episcopal School and be a positive and active member of the community
- Engage and communicate effectively and authentically with children, families, and fellow team members
- Facilitate a clean, orderly, safe, positive, and loving classroom community
- Plan and develop a fun and creative ATB Jr. program
- Follow relevant Texas DFPS Minimum Standards
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Previous experience in a licensed childcare setting required
- Passion for working with children and modeling excellent character
- Able to confidently lead a classroom when necessary, executing effective classroom management strategies
- Ability to be innovative, collaborative, and a positive member of the faculty
- High level of professionalism and execution of superior teaching skills
- A strong desire to grow professionally and personally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Punctuality, Creativity, Flexibility, and Reliability
- Previous classroom or student-teaching experience
- Interest in pursuing a career in education
Resumes and application letters should be sent to Human Resources at Trinity Episcopal School, 3901 Bee Cave Road, Austin, TX 78746, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Blue House Preschool at Trinity Episcopal School invites all qualified individuals who share our core values to apply for faculty positions. All faculty members must be able to support Trinity’s mission as a Christian school.
Blue House Preschool at Trinity Episcopal School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Blue House Preschool at Trinity Episcopal School complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Blue House Preschool at Trinity Episcopal School expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Trinity Episcopal School employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.