Christchurch, VA United States
Christchurch School is a co-ed Episcopal boarding and day school serving grades 9—12. Founded in 1921, Christchurch is located on a 125-acre waterfront campus on the Rappahannock River in Virginia. The school’s Mission is to inspire and guide each student’s unique journey to self-confidence, purpose, and identity within a caring, structured community, where they discover their infinite value and develop the skills to become compassionate, successful, and engaged global citizens.
Position Overview: Christchurch seeks a committed and enthusiastic applicant to serve as the school’s Registrar and Administrative Assistant to the Studies Office, College Counselor, and Head of School. This position reports to the Dean of Instruction and the Head of School. The job duties for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide administrative support as needed to the Studies Office, the College Counselor, and the Head of School
- Maintain student and alumni transcripts and other school records
- Produce student and alumni transcripts as needed
- Manage the school’s online student textbook system, including working with department chairs on specifying new books as needed
- Produce transcripts, letters, and other paperwork for parents as needed for college applications
- Maintain the school’s course eligibility records with the NCAA
- Fulfill statistics requests for professional organizations as needed
- Process student grades each marking period
- Schedule substitutes for teachers
- Share school phone coverage with other administrative assistants
- For graduation, oversee and coordinate faculty regalia, as well as other general commencement matters as needed such as student awards process and diplomas
- Maintain inventories of classroom supplies, awards, and certificates
- Taking minutes at faculty meetings
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Ability to learn quickly
- Administrative office experience
- Prior experience working with official records in an administrative capacity including record retention, database management, and data entry is preferred
- Prior experience working in independent schools is preferred
- Proficiency with technology in general, and with Blackbaud software in particular
- Proficiency with Google Workspace and Microsoft Office, specifically Google Sheets and Excel.
- Willing to learn new software and new systems as needed
- Understanding of timelines and deadlines to meet the needs of a busy school
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Strong sense of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to work at a desk and computer screen for extended periods
- Ability to be mobile around campus and buildings
- Fast-paced, small boarding and day school
- No travel required
- Primary hours approximately 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily with the occasional need for weekend hours for special events
Compensation & Benefits: Christchurch School offers a highly competitive compensation package for this full-time position with benefits to include excellent health plan options, retirement benefits, professional development, and networking opportunities.
Equal Employment Opportunity: The School is an equal opportunity employer. The School provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and job applicants without regard to an individual’s race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions including lactation, age, disability, genetic information or any other factor prohibited by applicable law. All aspects of personnel management – including hiring, promotion, demotion, transfer, recruitment, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits, training and working conditions – will be administered in accordance with this policy. Each employee is expected to do their part to maintain a working environment free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation.
Conditional Offers: An offer of employment for this position is contingent upon the applicant’s right to work in the United States, authorization for and completion of successful background checks as may be requested by the school or required by law.
Please email Wesley M. Charlton, Associate Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.