Monkton, MD United States
Responsibilities: Teach Faith Development to grades 6-8, run our Middle School weekly chapel program, exemplify our Episcopal Identity in service, justice and religious formation
- Teaches Religion program which adheres to the current grade curriculum, gearing the program to address the needs, special talents, styles, and pace of learning of the individual child and the collective class.
- Assists in the planning and preparation of the learning environment including setting up and maintaining the classroom learning centers and preparing and/or obtaining needed supplies, materials, and textbooks. This process should be conducted in an organized, thorough, and timely manner.
- Conducts him/herself in a professional manner at all times which reflects the mission and philosophy of the Academy.
- Ensures that adequate and complete lesson plans are available for a substitute for a planned or unplanned absence.
- Establishes and maintains effective partnership with parents through conferences, conversations and consistent communication. Keeps parents informed about classroom activities and the individual progress of their children.
- Ensures the safety of the children at all times.
- Treats children, parents, faculty, staff, and administration with dignity and respect and practices positive approaches to discipline, as outlined in the Academy’s Discipline Policy.
- Keeps the Middle School Head apprised of children’s progress, potential problems, or needed consultation between parents, teachers, and the Middle School Head.
- Serves on the Faith In Action committee for service work
- Serves on the Diversity Committee
- Leads weekly chapel service for Middle School
- Lead Student Vestry
- Maintains students’ grades and reports
- Attends all regularly scheduled and special faculty meetings and liturgies
- Responds to communication regarding students within 24 hours
- Responsible for the orderly arrangement, appearance, and décor of his/her classroom; maintaining sanitary conditions for faculty and students.
- On a rotating basis, will be responsible for assuming the supervision duties of arrival and/or departure carpool, recess, lunch, etc. as assigned or needed.
- Participates in recommended training programs, conferences, seminars, courses, and other professional development opportunities to further enhance professional and personal growth.
- Must be willing to fully participate with the Middle School Head in performance evaluations and in assessing development activities and personal improvements needed to ensure continuing professional and personal growth.
- Fingerprinting at the school’s expense upon hire and familiarity with child abuse laws.
- All faculty members are required to treat other faculty, staff, administration, students, and parents with dignity and respect at all times.
- Faculty are expected to fully support, wherever and whenever possible, the public relations and fund raising events sponsored by the school, Patrons’ Association, or students.
- Willing to assume other duties as assigned or needed to assure the smooth operation of the Academy.
- Three or more years of teaching experience Middle School
- A Masters degree in Theology or Divinity
Middle School Head