Exton, PA United States
FLSA Classification: Salaried, Exempt
Since 1918, The Church Farm School has prepared a diverse group of boys with academic ability and good character to lead productive and fulfilling lives by making a college preparatory education financially accessible. Located in Exton, PA, CFS is an Episcopal school offering a college preparatory education for 190 boys in a boarding/day environment for grades 9 through 12. Additional information about CFS can be found at www.gocfs.net.
CFS is seeking a mature, organized, creative and energetic individual to reside in and supervise a dormitory of high school-aged students for the 2022-2023 academic school year. We are looking for a positive team player with demonstrated prior experience working with and mentoring young people; a person who is committed to a leadership role within the Residential Life program of a boarding school.
- A minimum of a BA or BS degree.
- Willingness and flexibility to work a variety of days and hours across nine months per year on-campus.
- Current Driver’s License and willingness to drive nine-seat passenger vans.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience in leading groups of young people.
- Teaching experience within the classroom.
- Coaching experience and/or experience coordinating extracurricular activities
The Cottage Faculty Member Must:
- Understand and welcome the challenge of supervising adolescent boys.
- Demonstrate a willingness to support the school’s mission, entire program and core values (respect, responsibility, integrity and brotherhood) through time dedication, personal example, actions and attitude.
- Cultivate and consistently maintain hospitable relationships with students, families and members of the CFS community.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with CFS students, adults and parents.
- Support the Residential Life/Social Emotional Learning curriculum by facilitating discussion groups and implementing lesson plans.
- Promote and develop a sense of community, collegiality and cooperation within the cottage and around the school.
- Encourage conscious moral reasoning and a desire to be honest, just, courageous and considerate.
- Be a positive mentor, lead by example and teach what it means to maintain good health/hygiene and a personal living space.
- Manage the cleanliness of common areas and student rooms within the cottage.
- Mentor all students and guide student leaders, especially cottage prefects.
- Assist students in fostering an appreciation and respect for differences in individuals.
- Support the spiritual development of boys within the school’s Chapel program.
- Promote self-discipline and responsible decision-making among the students.
- Aid students in their academic preparation by helping them develop organizational and study skills.
- Actively participate in weekend activities, on and off campus, including community service projects and transportation support.
- Manage weekend and vacation forms as well as transportation requests for cottage/dormitory residents.
- Attend scheduled faculty meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Competitive, commensurate with experience.
Church Farm School is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Church Farm School welcomes and celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Apply by letter to the address above (Attn: Director of Student Life) or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include by separate attachments: cover letter, resume of qualifications and experiences and names and contact information for three professional references. Please enter the position in the subject line of the email.