Richmond, VA United States
About the School:
St. Andrew’s School, established in 1894 and located in the Oregon Hill section of Richmond, provides independent school education to children from families with limited financial resources through a full scholarship for every child. Employing a whole-child approach to education our faculty and staff work together to create a positive community of learners through our primary shared value: mutual respect. The faculty and staff enhance the culture of the school while creating high-quality learning experiences for our students.
St. Andrew’s School is looking for an experienced school nurse to coordinate a health program that delivers services to students in order to enhance health and wellness in the school community. Duties are to be performed in accordance with standards of professional school nurse practices, district/state board of education policies and procedures, and Virginia State law regarding nurse practices.
- Social Emotional and School Culture
- Ambassador Representing the School
- Provides essential nursing tasks that include but are not limited to: Daily COVID screening questions, first aid, CPR, emergency care, and medication administration
- Keeps track of daily COVID health checks for students and staff
- Keeps a record of the absent students and making sure they meet the required guidelines before coming back to school
- Notifies parents/guardians when a student is ill or injured
- Communicates with the Virginia Department of Health for COVID reporting and assists with contact tracing of possible exposure and cases
- Works with the Front Office Coordinator to review, track, and follows-up with immunizations and physicals for all students
- Reports compliance with state laws requiring immunization and exclusion of students with contagious diseases
- Identifies and reports suspected child abuse or neglect to the building leadership
- Communicates pertinent student health information to required staff in an effective verbal and /or written format per policy
- Presents and trains staff and maintains appropriate OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) standards with the school setting
- Serves as a member of the school safety/crisis team
- Attends school, community, and professional meetings as requested
- Serves as a child advocate
- Demonstrates knowledge of child growth and development
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education/ Prior Experience/ Qualifications:
- Active LPN or RN licensure in Virginia or equivalent nurse/medical certification
- Current Pediatric and Adult First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation certification
- Experience in a supervisory role
- Experience working with elementary grade children a plus
- Going up and down stairs, basement through third floor
- Ability to carry up to 50 pounds as clinically indicated to administer medical care
Salary range from $45,000-$60,000 based on experience. Benefits package, including health, dental, retirement, and Paid Time Off (PTO).
To pursue this position, please email a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include SAS School Nurse in the subject line.