New York, NY United States
- Registered nurse, licensed to practice in NYS
- Bachelor of science degree with three years relevant professional experience
- Experience as a school, pediatric and/or public health nurse preferred
- CPR and AED certification
- Knowledge of school health programs such as immunization and other requirements
- Understanding of pediatric growth and development, allergies, and behavioral health
- Proficiency in computer operation, including various software applications
- Ability to work on both broad-based strategy and everyday details
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment in decision-making
- Proven written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with students and their parents.
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Passionate and loving attitude toward all children
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the main point of contact for all health-related concerns at The Episcopal School
- Provide skilled nursing assessment and care for students, including students with medical needs
- Oversee and administer medication for students in compliance with physician and school procedures, to include parent correspondence.
- Maintain, evaluate, interpret health data of all current students including immunizations, annual physical examination and potential care plan.
- Verify required immunization requirements are met for each student in compliance with NYS guidelines.
- Ensure nursing supplies, emergency kits, AEDs and other medical resources are adequately stocked/working.
- Assist with collection of both student and faculty medical forms
- Complete and submit all NYS mandated reporting as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Please email your resume to Lindsay Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.