Saratoga, CA United States
About the School:
Located in Saratoga, California, Saint Andrew’s Episcopal School is an independent school for Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade students. Saint Andrew’s is a wholehearted community of learners with a wholehearted commitment to cultivating student happiness, academic achievement, and character. Our complete, balanced, and inspiring approach to education ensures that our graduates are exceptionally good people who are exceptionally well-prepared to thrive in high school, college, and life.
The Senior Accountant reports directly to the Director of Finance & Operations and will be expected to perform the following responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Responsible for weekly accounts payable processing (via BILL, Divvy and QB), ensuring accuracy and proper coding of all invoices for the school.
- Responsible for following-up and research on all accounts payable inquiries.
- Maintains accounts payable vendor files (obtain W-9’s for all new vendors), including weekly filing of invoices if any.
- Liaise with faculty, staff and parents on requisitions, invoices, check requests and reimbursements (via Paylocity).
- Verify monthly benefits invoices against employee rosters and elections (updates) and process for payment.
- Prepare and files annual 1099s (ensure to have necessary vendor information in file).
- Maintain 3rd party student billing system to include rollover of returning accounts, setting up new accounts, posting in-school payments and communication with families.
- Coordinate monthly billing for incidental expenses to family accounts for auxiliary programs, etc.
- Complete monthly A/R analysis and act as first tier collection.
- Submit annual tuition insurance application and manage tuition insurance.
- Investigate and respond to questions on student account transactions as needed.
- Assist with processing tuition payments, event payments and trip payments.
- Receive, record, and process all cash receipts received daily from all sources.
- Prepare deposit slips and make bank deposits as needed.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for all bank accounts.
HR and Others:
- Assist employees with FSA and retirement enrollment portal inquiries.
- Prepare, review and track employees’ time off balances and reports.
- Validate payroll reports and post all journal entries relating to payroll and benefits.
- Assist with annual audit; prepare appropriate schedules as assigned.
- Assist with monthly closing (e.g., Prepaids, Accruals, and Fixed Assets).
- Monitor, verify, and update petty cash spreadsheet; count and log cash from various actives.
- Track and distribute monthly budget vs. actual by grades and departments, and special accounts, utilities, and continuing education, etc.
- Track FSA transactions and post to GL daily.
- Maintain Annual Fund spreadsheet to record donations received for monthly reconciliation.
- Reconcile AF balance to QB monthly and with the Development department as needed.
- Provides general assistance regarding clerical administration and other support needs, including general school community events and other related responsibilities.
- Bachelors’ Degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in bookkeeping and/or accounting and finance, preferably in accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Non-profit/Independent School sector experience preferable.
- Requires solid knowledge and understanding of accounting principles.
- Highly detail oriented, motivated, well-organized, flexible, and collaborative individual who enjoys working in a team-driven environment.
- Able to multitask in a fast paced, deadline driven environment, while always maintaining a customer service focus.
- Common sense, professional decorum, and clear and concise communication skills are critical due to regular interaction with parents, faculty, and administrators and business partners.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Proficient in Google applications, including Gmail, Google Sheets and Google Docs.
- In-person attendance is necessary to provide effective performance during normal school hours.
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply please visit the following link: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1393021/St-Andrews-School-Inc/Senior-Accountant