Tampa, FL United States
St. John’s seeks an energetic and dynamic individual with demonstrated professional excellence to join our outstanding Middle Division team as the Short Term Teacher of Grade 5 English. This is a full-time position, with a July 27th, 2020 start date and end date of December 18, 2020. The position includes teaching English as well as responsibilities as an advisor. We are seeking a high-energy teacher with a passion for working with students at the middle division level. This person must be able to teach a challenging curriculum of literature, grammar, and essay writing. The successful candidate will also have demonstrated effectiveness with technology integration. He or She will be expected to successfully meet the following responsibilities:
- Working closely with the language arts department to plan instruction and assessments;
- Collaborating with other departments to build interdisciplinary units as appropriate;
- Attending regular faculty meetings and other school events as appropriate;
- Communicate regularly and effectively with students, families, and colleagues;
- Demonstrate effective, positive classroom management;
- Employ a variety of methodologies in teaching and instructing pupils, including but not limited to project-based learning, hands-on activities, demonstrations, and discussions;
- Facilitate a weekly advisory class and daily homeroom check-ins;
- Model on a daily basis the conduct we expect of our students, and consistently exhibit the highest standards of professionalism;
- Work individually and collaboratively with colleagues to create, plan, and prepare thoughtful lesson plans as part of an instructional program that is age-appropriate and addresses individual student needs;
- Implement the Language Arts curricula via daily instruction that is differentiated, and which incorporates traditional and innovative teaching pedagogies;
- Serve the principal adult presence, advisor, and caregiver for each child in the advisory throughout the school day;
- Attend all professional gatherings and in-service meetings;
- Be available to consult with students, parents, and colleagues as part of parent conferences and as-needed basis;
- Attend institutional gatherings and events as necessary or requested by the Head of School in support of the School’s mission;
- Devote time and effort to ongoing professional growth;
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity, strong communication skills, and openness to others’ ideas; eager to extend themselves for others.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a current resume, cover letter and list of not fewer than three references to: Diane Scott, Executive Assistant to the Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled.
St. John’s Episcopal School provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and complies with all laws, rules, and regulations, including Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. It does not discriminate in its employment practices, educational programs, or any other program or activity of the school on the basis of race, color, gender, ancestry, religion, national origin, genetic information, marital status, family status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. Applicants needing reasonable accommodations to participate in the application process should contact Michael Matthews at (813) 849-4200.