New Haven, CT United States
Job Title: Spanish Teacher/Extended Day Teacher
Employment Status: Full-Time
School Year: 2022-2023
St. Thomas’s is a coeducational independent day school serving students from Kindergarten through Grade 6. The School welcomes children of all backgrounds, with the belief that children who learn and grow together develop openness and respect for others.
The Spanish Teacher/Extended Day Teacher will work collaboratively with the Assistant Head of School to implement the School’s Spanish program and the Extended Day Program in accordance with the School’s mission, goals, objectives, and philosophy of learning.
Bachelor’s Degree in Spanish or a related field
Fluency in both written and oral Spanish
Experience working in an elementary school setting
Strong personal and interpersonal skills
- Design curriculum, teaching methods, and instructional strategies that inspire, motivate, and appropriately challenge students.
- Develop and implement innovative, thought-provoking K-6 Spanish lessons that promote language development, communication skills, cultural awareness, and respect for others.
- Differentiate instruction by conducting individual and small group lessons and by accommodating unique learning styles and needs.
- Implement positive classroom management techniques that model appropriate communication skills and conflict resolution strategies.
- Create an inviting, safe, supportive learning environment where every community member feels accepted, appreciated, and valued.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, serving as a resource and integrating the Spanish program across the curriculum whenever possible.
- Participate in school events, community meetings, faculty meetings, professional development opportunities, and faculty days, contributing positively and proactively to support the school.
- Work collaboratively with the Extended Day Coordinator and Staff to implement all parts of our program, including preparing snacks, planning activities, prepping materials, supervising children, and cleaning up as necessary.
Characteristics of Professional Excellence
- Strive to live the school mission in word and deed.
- Enthusiastically engage in service to the school and its community.
- Model life-long learning.
- Foster an open and inclusive learning environment.
To be considered for the above-mentioned position, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. Please generate all documents in MS Word or a converted PDF file. Applications will be reviewed as received, and the position will remain open until filled.
St. Thomas’s Day School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.