Exton, PA United States
Since 1918, The Church Farm School has prepared a diverse group of boys with academic ability and good character to lead productive and fulfilling lives by making a college preparatory education financially accessible. Located in Exton, PA, CFS offers a college preparatory education for 190 boys in a boarding/day environment for grades 9 through 12. Additional information about CFS can be found at www.gocfs.net.
CFS is seeking an enthusiastic individual to serve as a faculty member and Chair of the STEAM Department. This is a 10-month, full-time faculty position and requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree. A Master’s Degree and eight years of teaching experience are preferred. All CFS faculty share responsibilities in the academic, athletic, residential and co-curricular life of the school.
Specific responsibilities include teaching across all areas of STEAM and leadership of science, math and computer science courses across all grades. The successful candidate will have broad knowledge of and experience with high school science and math instruction and will be facile in the integration of technology in the classroom. As Church Farm School continues to develop 21st century teaching and learning initiatives, including the integration of STEAM and Ethical Literacy in the curriculum, the school seeks candidates who will lead a comprehensive design of the STEAM curriculum, make meaningful contributions to these important and emerging elements of the program and lead the department in adapting to its interdisciplinary design.
All candidates must be comfortable in a culturally diverse, all-male student environment, and must be able to nurture the development of students’ critical thinking and analytic skills while helping students respond creatively to the world around them. CFS seeks an academic leader who will display clear evidence of the charisma and intensity necessary to motivate students and colleagues, a level of collegiality that will add to the professionalism of our adult community, the eloquence that defines a liberally educated scholar and the diversity of experiences that are characteristic of a lifelong learner. Experience with cultural proficiency and competency programs and training is also preferred.
Additional responsibilities include advising students, attending faculty meetings and professional development opportunities, coaching or sponsoring clubs and extracurricular activities, occasional chaperoning duties, general boarding school/dormitory duty, being an integrated member of the CFS community and being available to students in our residential environment.
As a member of the Academic Faculty and leader of the STEAM Department, the Instructor will:
- Demonstrate a willingness to support the school’s mission through time, dedication, personal example, actions and attitude
- Model and support effective and innovative instruction across all levels of STEAM courses
- Promote effective student engagement, faculty development and instructional plans
- Observe, coach and evaluate STEAM faculty
- Create a supportive atmosphere and rigorous academic program in which all students will thrive
- Create a learning environment where students will take risks and explore new ideas and work collaboratively
- Support the administration in establishing new academic policies and upholding those in place
- Work with department members on curricular development, scope and sequence and team work
- Meet regularly with Department Chairs and serve as a leader of faculty in academic arenas and across all areas of school
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with using technology in the delivery of curriculum and instruction
- Promote the development and delivery of 21st century teaching/learning methodologies
- Inspire, empower and guide students at all levels
- Communicate effectively with CFS students, adults and parents
- Understand and welcome the complexity of teaching adolescent boys
- Cultivate meaningful, professional relationships with among colleagues and with students and their families
- Promote and encourage a spirit of community, collaboration and common purpose
- Perform required faculty activities, including periodic evening/weekend duties, coaching and residential responsibilities
- Exhibit enthusiasm for and joy in working closely with colleagues and students in a boarding school environment
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Church Farm School offers competitive salaries, school housing or a housing stipend (when school housing is not available), a generous benefits package including retirement plan, paid vacations and medical insurance. The school is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Church Farm School welcomes and celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Apply by letter to the address above (att: Assistant Head of School) or by email: email@example.com. Include by separate attachments: cover letter indicating passion for the position, resume or curriculum vitae of qualifications and experiences and names and contact information for three professional references. Please enter the position in the subject line of the email.