Tampa, FL United States
St. John’s seeks an energetic and dynamic individual with demonstrated professional excellence to join our outstanding Primary Division team as Teacher Assistant of K(5). This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position with an August 2022 start date. The successful candidate will be expected to successfully meet the following responsibilities:
• Have a love for teaching and the ability to build a trusting relationship with students, teachers, and parents;
• Reinforce lessons presented by teachers by reviewing material with students one-on-one or in small groups;
• Help students adjust, learn, and socialize and report to teachers about possible behavioral issues;
• Help teachers with recordkeeping, such as tracking attendance, calculating grades, assist and address individual student needs;
• Provide additional supervision for students during class, lunch, recess, between classes, and on class outings or field trips;
• While every class must be allocated to a qualified teacher, the teacher’s assistant can be expected to supervise or lead a lesson for a teacher who is off sick or undertaking training;
• Model on a daily basis the conduct we expect of our students and consistently exhibit the highest standards of professionalism;
• Work collaboratively with colleagues to create, plan, and prepare thoughtful lesson plans as part of an instructional program that is age-appropriate and addresses individual student needs;
• Attend all professional gatherings and in-service meetings;
• Be available to consult with students, parents, and colleagues as part of parent conferences and as-needed basis;
• Attend institutional gatherings and events as necessary or requested by the Head of School in support of the School’s mission;
• Devote time and effort to ongoing professional growth;
• Demonstrate intellectual curiosity, strong communication skills, openness to others’ ideas, and the eagerness to extend themselves for others.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a current resume, cover letter, and list of not fewer than three references to: Diane Scott, Executive Assistant to the Head of School, at email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled.