Tampa, FL United States
St. John’s seeks an energetic and dynamic individual with demonstrated professional excellence to join our outstanding middle division team as a Teacher of Grades 5 English. This is a full-time (10-month), benefits-eligible position with an August 2024 start date. The position includes teaching English as well as responsibilities as an advisor. This person must be able to teach a challenging curriculum of literature, grammar, and essay writing. The successful candidate will also have demonstrated effectiveness with technology integration. He or she will be expected to meet the following responsibilities successfully:
- Working closely with the language arts department to plan instruction and assessments.
- Collaborating with other departments to build interdisciplinary units as appropriate.
- Attending regular faculty meetings and other school events as appropriate.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with students, families, and colleagues.
- Demonstrate effective, positive classroom management.
- Employ a variety of methodologies in teaching and instructing pupils, including but not limited to project-based learning, hands-on activities, demonstrations, and discussions.
- Facilitate a weekly advisory class and daily homeroom check-ins.
- Attend and chaperone an overnight trip.
- Model daily the conduct we expect of our students, and consistently exhibit the highest standards of professionalism.
- Work individually and collaboratively with colleagues to create, plan, and prepare thoughtful lesson plans as part of an instructional program that is age-appropriate and addresses individual student needs.
- Implement the Language Arts curricula via daily instruction that is differentiated and incorporates traditional and innovative teaching pedagogies.
- Serve the principal adult presence, advisor, and caregiver for each child in the advisory throughout the school day.
- Attend all professional gatherings and in-service meetings.
- Be available to consult with students, parents, and colleagues as part of parent conferences and on an as needed basis.
- Attend institutional gatherings and events as necessary or requested by the Head of School in support of the School’s mission.
- Devote time and effort to ongoing professional growth.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity, strong communication skills, and openness to others’ ideas; eager to extend themselves to others.
St. John’s Episcopal School is an exceptional work environment with low employee turnover. This position provides a truly outstanding individual the opportunity to join Tampa’s premier K(4)-8 school and truly ‘make a difference’ in the lives of children and colleagues. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a current resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and list of not fewer than three references to Diane Scott, Executive Assistant to the Head of School, at email@example.com. This is a full-time, salaried, exempt, 10-month position that is accompanied by a highly competitive salary and benefits package. St. John’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.