Tampa, FL United States
St. John’s seeks an energetic and dynamic individual with demonstrated professional excellence to join our outstanding middle division team as a Teacher of Grades 5-8 Latin. This is a full-time (10-month), benefits-eligible position with an August 2024 start date. The successful candidate will be expected to meet the following responsibilities successfully:
- Model daily the conduct we expect of our students, and consistently exhibit the highest standards of professionalism.
- Work individually and collaboratively with colleagues to create, plan, and prepare thoughtful lesson plans as part of an instructional program that is age-appropriate and addresses individual student needs.
- Implement the Latin curriculum for Grade 5-8 students via daily instruction that is differentiated and incorporates traditional and innovative teaching pedagogies.
- Serve as Homeroom teacher, most notably as the principal adult presence, advisor, and caregiver for each child in the class throughout the school day.
- Attend all professional gatherings and in-service meetings.
- Be available to consult with students, parents, and colleagues as part of parent conferences on an as needed basis.
- Attend institutional gatherings and events as necessary or requested by the Head of School to support the School’s mission.
- Be available to assist with coverage (before and after school programs, recess, performance rehearsals, lunch, and event duties) as needed.
- Devote time and effort to ongoing professional growth.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity, strong communication skills, openness to others’ ideas, and eagerness to extend themselves to others.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a current resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and list of not fewer than three references to Diane Scott, Executive Assistant to the Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.