Tampa, FL United States
St. John’s seeks an energetic and dynamic individual with demonstrated professional excellence to join our outstanding middle division team as Teacher of Latin. This is a new position that corresponds with the expansion of Spanish into Grades 5-8. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with colleagues to develop and introduce a second world language to St. John’s. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position with an August 2020 start date. The successful candidate will be expected to successfully meet the following responsibilities:
- Model on a daily basis the conduct we expect of our students, and consistently exhibit the highest standards of professionalism;
- Work individually and collaboratively with colleagues to create, plan and prepare thoughtful lesson plans as part of an instructional program that is age-appropriate and addresses individual student needs;
- Implement the Latin curriculum via daily instruction that is differentiated, and which incorporates traditional and innovative teaching pedagogies;
- Serve as Homeroom teacher, most notably as the principal adult presence, advisor and caregiver for each child in the class throughout the school day
- Attend all professional gatherings and in-service meetings;
- Be available to consult with students, parents, and colleagues as part of parent conferences and as-needed basis;
- Attend institutional gatherings and events as necessary or requested by the Head of School in support of the School’s mission.
- Be available to assist with coverage (before and after school programs, recess, performance rehearsals, lunch, and event duties) as needed, or teach a class in the after school program;
- Partner with the Head of the Middle Division to develop and oversee the Middle Division Latin instructional budget;
- Devote time and effort to ongoing professional growth;
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity, strong communication skills, openness to others’ ideas, eagerness to extend themselves for others.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a current resume, cover letter and list of not fewer than three references to: Diane Scott, Executive Assistant to the Head of School, at email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled.
St. John’s Episcopal School provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and complies with all laws, rules, and regulations, including Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. It does not discriminate in its employment practices, educational programs, or any other program or activity of the school on the basis of race, color, gender, ancestry, religion, national origin, genetic information, marital status, family status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. Applicants needing reasonable accommodations to participate in the application process should contact Michael Matthews at (813) 849-4200.