Ridgeland, MS United States
St. Andrew’s Episcopal School seeks an innovative technology integration specialist to assist faculty in designing and integrating effective, appropriate, and innovative technologies to support and enhance student learning and the delivery of curriculum in grades 5th-12th.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend emerging technology initiatives that support learning and teaching.
- Collaborate with faculty and division head to deploy and integrate age-/grade-appropriate technology applications across the school.
- Assist faculty in teaching students how to effectively use technology applications.
- Teach middle school coding classes.
- Develop, coordinate, and teach workshops and classes to faculty on instructional applications of various technologies.
- Provide technical curriculum assistance regarding device usage, software applications, and general instructional use of technology in the classroom.
- Collaborate with the associate heads for teaching, learning, and innovation in their efforts to lead the school’s i2: inspire and innovate initiative.
- Assist the director of virtual learning with the school’s Virtual Saints program.
- Provide training on new technology and support initiatives as assigned by the chief technology officer.
- Promote the effort to stay current with technological knowledge and skills.
- Attend and contribute in full, divisional, departmental, and team faculty meetings.
- Stay current on trends and new developments in the area of educational technologies.
- Take an active role in professional activities and attend relevant professional meetings and conferences.
This job operates in a professional school environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position with responsibilities from August – May.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, information technology, educational technology, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of three years of related school technology experience preferred.
- Experience teaching computer science, programming, web design, or robotics preferred.
- Current and in-depth knowledge of instructional technology hardware, software, and related web-based or other tools.
- Experience working with faculty in all disciplines to identify instructional needs to enable/enhance student learning preferred.
- Experience teaching students how to use various technology applications.
- Fluency and proficiency working with PC and Macintosh operating systems and Google Suite and Google Apps for Education.
- Experience with administrative and academic database systems preferred.
- Represent the school in the larger community in a positive manner that reflects that values of the school.
- Ability to interface and maintain effective relationships with students, faculty, administrators, and parents/guardians.
- High degree of cultural competency and demonstrated commitment to working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Professional written and verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous, and complex tasks and projects efficiently and effectively without constant supervision.
To apply, visit gosaints.org/jobs.