Brookhaven, GA United States
St. Martin’s Episcopal School seeks a culturally competent and responsive candidate to serve as Theater and Events Technician in our IT Department. The position is full-time, exempt, benefits-eligible and reports to the Director of IT and the Director of Speech and Drama. The normal hours are M-F 7:30am – 4:00pm, pay is commensurate with experience.
The Theater and Events Technician supports the school wide technical needs in performance productions and special events. The technician is responsible for creating and supporting environments favorable to the learning and personal growth of every student; establishing effective rapport with students, teachers and parents; motivating students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for becoming a responsible citizen in accordance with each student’s ability. In addition to supporting the technical needs of performance and events, the technician must also welcome regular feedback, commit to professional development and contribute to the overall life of the school.
The position provides duties including but not limited to:
- Managing the annual production calendar for the stage space.
- Serving as the Production Manager and Technical Director for drama productions which includes preparing technical documents, updating web pages, and communicating with designers and Technical personnel.
- Maintaining the stage space to be available for use throughout the year by all faculty/staff and rentals.
- Maintaining inventory for the purpose of providing security and organization for all tools, equipment, and supplies on the stage.
- Repairing equipment for the purpose of ensuring that items are available and in safe working condition.
- Operating the Lighting and Soundboards for various events on the stage and in the gym.
- Performing as the Audio Tech Lead with The Department of Technology, including audio equipment setup for various events around campus.
- Developing and administering a system for tracking repairs, replacements, and availability of all equipment.
- Developing and administering a system for tracking costumes, props, and scenic inventory for the drama department.
- Designing and constructing scenic elements as requested for various stage productions.
- Designing theatrical lighting and sound systems (e.g. audio systems, specialized audio equipment, digital lighting systems, etc.) to support each stage production.
- Organizing and maintaining stage storage areas, drama classroom and off-site storage areas.
- Training and/or supervising student technical crews, parent and student volunteers involved with scenic, costume, sound, and lighting elements and/or technical work for drama events.
- Chaperone school field trips
- Share in the management and operations of the school’s IT hardware and software infrastructures as well as provide classroom technology support and resolve issues submitted to the helpdesk.
- Production Management and Technical Direction experience is desired.
- Proficiency with QLab, WeVideo, iMovie and Garageband is strongly preferred.
- Flexible teaching background and interest in coaching and/or advising clubs is a plus.
- Ability to plan and work in collaborative environments is essential.
- Willingness to work flexible hours due to varied production schedule.
Founded in 1959, St. Martin’s Episcopal School is a coeducational day school in Atlanta, Georgia, serving approximately 640 students from infants through eighth grade. St. Martin’s is dedicated to providing a quality education of the whole person in a loving, Christian atmosphere which fosters lifelong learning. For more information about the School, please visit our website at www.stmartinschool.org.
St. Martin’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, applicants are considered only on the basis of merit, qualifications and abilities. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, gender, age, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation, disability, national or ethnic origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. In compliance with ADA requirements, we will make reasonable accommodations for the expressed disability of an otherwise qualified candidate.
Please email email@example.com for more information. Visit https://www.stmartinschool.org/about/employment for more information or to apply for this role.