Richmond, VA United States
Position Classification: Part-time, 10-month, faculty, salaried-exempt
Hours: 15-20 hours/week, Monday-Friday, around 12:00-3:00 p.m. daily
Reports to: Head of Middle School and Head of Upper School
St. Christopher’s School, the largest all-boys school in Virginia and one of the largest and oldest boys’ schools in the Mid-Atlantic region, seeks a Chinese teacher to teach two sections of Chinese, 8th grade Chinese 1 and 9th grade Chinese 2.
Serving approximately 1000 boys in Grades JK-12 in Richmond, Virginia, St. Christopher’s School is committed to cultivating a school community that is diverse, inclusive, and welcoming and prides itself on bringing out the best in every boy. Our Episcopal foundation is at the center of what we do, and we care most about developing young men who possess honor and integrity. Our boys benefit from an education and curriculum that is focused on excellence in all forms, including academics, the arts, athletics, and service learning.
- Create a positive classroom environment which all boys feel known and valued
- Plan to deliver individual, whole-group, and small-group instruction for two sections of Chinese
- Plan and prepare lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning
- Assess student progress using a variety of formal and informal data collection tools and methods and provide student remediation as needed
- Work collaboratively with teachers at both St. Christopher’s and St. Catherine’s and serve as a member of the 8th grade or 9th grade faculty team
- Manage student behavior in accordance with best practices for teaching boys
- Supervise students during recess, student reading time, or during other coverages as needed
- Foster communication and a respectful partnership with parents/guardians in conferences and through written correspondence
- Engage in ongoing professional growth and development
- Attend team, faculty, and all-school professional development meetings as needed
- Attend chapel regularly
Candidates interested in pursuing this position should send a cover letter, resume, and reference contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Chinese Teacher in the subject line.
Application deadline is open until filled.