Oklahoma City, OK United States
FLSA Classification: Full-time/Exempt
Reports To: Head of School
Position Purpose: The Upper Division Chaplain of the Religion department is responsible for the programming of the chapel and religious academics with a focus on grades seventh to twelfth.
- Supervise in the development and implementation of the religion courses from 7th-12th grade.
- Works closely with the Lower Division Chaplain to ensure the scope and sequence of the chapel and religion classes scaffold and sequence.
- Supervise and oversee the chapel programming for the Middle and Upper Divisions.
- Assist and support the Lower Division Chaplain with chapel duties in the Primary and Lower divisions.
- Assist in the planning preparation, and conducting of the special services throughout the liturgical calendar.
- Support the outreach and service learning program by providing coordination and directing an increased involvement of Lower division students.
- Provide appropriate Pastoral support to all divisions.
- Support and work closely, as needed, the Social Emotional Learning Team.
- Support and work closely, as needed, with the Community and Inclusion Team.
Religion Department Co-Chair
- Working closely and collaboratively with the Lower Division Chaplain the Upper Division Chaplain will be the person who attends the Curriculum meetings and represents the religion department.
- In collaboration with the Lower Division Chaplain, the Upper Division Chaplain will be responsible for the completion of the evaluation and development of religion faculty.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Episcopal Clergy.
- Preferred knowledge of Episcopal liturgy.
- Involvement with students of all ages with preference towards teens.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and facilitative skills.
- Celebrate the mass or Holy Eucharist as needed or necessary.
- Serve and assist as a Priest at special services, those involved with our liturgical season.
- Visiting the bereaved and families or individuals in need or crisis.
- Assist or carry out duties in baptisms, funerals, wedding or any other sacramental duties.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Work in a stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
- May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Work primarily in a traditional climate-controlled office/classroom environment.
- Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold.
- Co-Plan, prepare and conduct a number of special services throughout the liturgical calendar to be age appropriate for each division.
- Ability to communicate with parents on an as needed basis.
- Maintain a relationship with the Episcopal Diocese of Oklahoma, to the Episcopal churches in our diocese and in Oklahoma City, and to maintain/establish relationships to other churches/religious communities.
- Willingness to work with, minister to, and love all types of children, alumni, faculty, staff, parents and community.
- Help with maintenance of the chapel Fabric in terms of building and use of facilities in Chapel building area.
- Co-Responsible for making and printing of bulletins for services or overseeing their production.
- Co-Responsible for publicizing the Chapel-related functions, services and activities.
- Co-Responsible for the Chapel Life Committee will seek to deepen student involvement and inclusiveness.
- Responsible for recruitment, enrollment, certification, and supervision of acolytes, lay readers, chalice bearers and lay Eucharistic visitors.
The start date for this position is July 1, 2022. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Nathan Sheldon, Head of School, to firstname.lastname@example.org.