San Juan Capistrano, CA United States
St. Margaret’s Episcopal School is now accepting applications for a full-time Upper School College Counselor. As an integral member of the college counseling team, the Upper School College Counselor will provide excellence in college counseling in order to ensure the students of St. Margaret’s are prepared to meet the challenges of their academic, college and career goals.
- Meet with students and parents to discuss college options.
- Assist all members of the College Counseling office with day to day college counseling and advising activities.
- Support students in the college application process including reviewing admission applications and essays, as well as discussing college options.
- Serve as a faculty advisor to an assigned group of students.
- Hold parent conferences, as needed, to discuss college options, academic preparation and other issues pertaining to the college application process.
- Assist the member of the College Counseling team in charge of coordinating the PSAT & AP testing preparation and administration.
- Coordinate and manage all college visits
- Be attentive to professional growth.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree is preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience in selective college admissions or a minimum of five years’ experience at an assistant level
- Experience using the computer to complete tasks, including Word, Outlook, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint with skill and accuracy
Compensation: $6,250 – 7,500/month