Fort Worth, TX United States
About All Saints’
Located on 147 acres in west Fort Worth, All Saints’ Episcopal School is a co-educational Age 3 – Grade 12 college-preparatory day school serving approximately 1,100 students who benefit from small class sizes, an outstanding athletic program and an award-winning arts program. Read about what makes our Episcopal learning environment so dynamic by visiting www.aseschool.org.
Job Title: Upper School Math Teacher
All Saints’ Episcopal School is currently seeking a dynamic, energetic and collaborative educator who is passionate about teaching math to students at all Upper School levels. The ideal candidate will have a particular strong background in Algebra I and Geometry. Additionally, the candidate will be an adviser to a group of 8-12 students and work collaboratively with other teachers and administrators.
Reports to: Upper School Division Head
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:45 am- 4:15 pm. Incumbent may work non-standard hours as needed
- Teach six sections on a modular “A/B” schedule
- Implement, expand, modify and adapt an engaging, experiential curriculum using an integrated approach that uses auditory, visual, and kinesthetic strategies
- Promote a positive and energetic learning environment while advancing the cognitive, emotional, and social well-being of the students
- Offer daily tutoring from 7:45-8:40 a.m.
- Maintain good communication with parents throughout the year as well as during Parent/Teacher conferences
- Serve on school committees as needed and participate in daily Chapel services and weekly Eucharist services
- Be a team player and willing to help colleagues as needed
- Assist with the continuing development and implementation of the Upper School Advisory Program
- Collaborate with department members to design innovative curriculum
- Participate in and contribute to the life of the school beyond the classroom
- Provide integral and varied support, planning, oversight, and communication as an advisor to 8-12 students
- Attend and participate in professional activities, events and meetings at departmental, divisional, and school-wide levels
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Passionate about working with upper school students, grades 9-12
- Proficiency in educational technology
- Master’s degree preferred in either Math or Education
- 3 to 5 years’ experience teaching upper school math preferred
- Wrist and hand movements related to computer work
- Ability to remain in a stationary position 70% of the time
- Ability to traverse around campus
All Saints’ Episcopal School of Fort Worth is an equal-opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, veteran or marital status, age, national or ethnic origin. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, veteran or marital status, age, or national and ethnic origin in administration of all phases of the employment relationship, including recruitment, advertising, hiring, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay, and all other forms of selection, training, and compensation.