Austin, TX United States
Trinity Episcopal School seeks applications for a visual arts teacher for the 2022-23 school year.
Trinity Episcopal School is an inclusive, forward-thinking, faith-based K-8 independent school that meets each student where they are to nurture the whole child’s academic, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual growth. Trinity is located in West Lake Hills, close to downtown Austin, Texas.
Our Mission: At Trinity Episcopal School, we will nurture each child academically, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. We will honor each child’s spirit for learning and life, ever mindful that we are all children of God.
We have high expectations, and we are looking for teachers to join our team who have:
- Sound knowledge of visual arts pedagogy
- a proven record of classroom teaching
- passion for the active creation of the arts
- a wide array of interests and experiences, including art from diverse cultures, genres, and time periods
- a deep desire to develop in students an understanding of and appreciation for the arts, the ability to thoughtfully critique artistic choices, and the courage and confidence to find and express their own artistic voice
Principal Responsibilities: The Trinity art teacher is responsible for designing curriculum, planning lessons, implementing instruction, and executing effective classroom management strategies to ensure the continued development of a coherent K-8 visual arts program, including extra-curricular opportunities.
Specific duties include:
- teaching general visual arts and electives classes to students across grade levels
- coaching students to compete in local and regional arts competitions
- close, ongoing collaboration with the other visual arts teacher
- meeting regularly with the music, theater arts, and technology teachers to ensure K-8 alignment of creative arts philosophy, curriculum, and practices
- working with faculty in other disciplines to coordinate creative and fine arts efforts across grade levels
- actively promoting our arts program, including showcasing student work throughout the year and in Trinity’s annual art show
Additionally, all teachers are expected to communicate with parents throughout the year through regular correspondence, weekly classroom updates, conferences, and grade reporting periods. This position also includes working closely with grade-level team members, specialists, administrators, and other colleagues to ensure that all students make academic and social progress in accordance with our school’s mission and core values. Further, part of a Trinity teacher’s regular practice is to engage in professional learning opportunities with an emphasis on research-based instructional methods.
At Trinity, our teachers
- seek knowledge of current instructional theories as a commitment to understanding and professional growth
- demonstrate a vast repertoire of effective and engaging instructional strategies that meet the needs of all students
- hold high – but not uniform – expectations of all students
- maximize instructional minutes
- model, teach, and expect age-appropriate disciplined behaviors in a way that is mission-consistent and respectful
- meaningfully and personally engage with all students
- actively support colleagues
- positively and actively contribute to the life of the school
- collaborate with parents in the best interest of the students
- understand and respect the principal qualities of an Episcopal school
- respect and seek understanding in all facets of diversity
Qualifications: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited school, superior teaching skills, excellent character, and a proven legacy of outstanding performance in art instruction. Excellent writing skills and strong verbal communication skills are expected. Ability to be an innovative, collaborative, and positive member of a faculty is imperative.
To apply: Resumes and letters of application should be sent to Human Resources at Trinity Episcopal School, 3901 Bee Cave Road, Austin, TX 78746, or by email to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Trinity Episcopal School invites all qualified individuals who share our core values to apply for faculty positions. All faculty members must be able to support Trinity’s mission as a Christian school.
Trinity Episcopal School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Trinity Episcopal School complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.