Tampa, FL United States
Qualified candidates should demonstrate a passion for visual art, a desire to teach middle school students, strong communication skills, a willingness to work within a team, and a commitment to continual professional development.
St. John’s seeks a Visual Arts Teacher of Grades 5-8. This is a full-time (10-month), benefits-eligible position with an August 2024 start date.
- Teach middle school visual art to students in Grades 5-8.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of Middle School Art techniques and pedagogy in a studio setting.
- Present various experiences and approaches to art in a wide range of media and foundational skills.
- Work collaboratively with the fine arts department and the Middle School team.
- Serve as an active member of the advisory program.
- Integrate appropriate educational technology in a 1:1 iPad classroom.
- Organize parent events such as the annual Night of the Arts Showcase.
- Lead an extracurricular club to increase student engagement in the fine arts.
- Attend school dances, overnight trips, open houses, conference days, etc.
- Serve as the co-sponsor for the yearbook.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a current resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and list of not fewer than three references to Diane Scott, Executive Assistant to the Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.