Houston, TX United States
St. Mark’s Weekend Facilities Coordinator is a crucial position for St. Mark’s Episcopal Church and School. While this position encompasses many different duties, its primary function is to assure Church and School weekend activities are prepared, supported, and function smoothly.
The Church and School have many weekend events that need setup, custodial care, and minor maintenance support. These events change each week, except for Sunday Church services, classes, and Youth Group, consistently scheduled.
Skills and Aptitudes:
1. Computer literate including Outlook, Google Docs, and temperature control software
2. Adequate knowledge of cleaning and caring of a building and grounds
3. Disciplined in organizing, preparing, and performing tasks
4. Pleasant to all parties, eager to complete work, general upbeat disposition
5. Able to :
a. Work independently without direct supervision
b. Recognize problem areas and react accordingly
c. Manage time and juggle multiple tasks and projects
d. Communicate clearly with staff, members, students, guests
e. Comprehend instructions and take direction
f. Workaround adults and children
g. Manage stress and maintain composure in a hectic and fast-paced environment
1. Normal physical mobility and coordination include movement from place to place, such as climbing stairs and ladders.
2. Ability to reach and bend, push/pull, and lift and carry objects within a weight up to 50 pounds.
3. Normal dexterity of hands and fingers.
4. Must be able to work outdoors in seasonal conditions.
15-20 hours on Saturdays and Sundays, 52 weekends each year. Flexibility on weekend days is required. Hours could range from 7:00–8:00 am (consistently) and, on occasion, last until 10:00 pm.
Average hours could be:
-Saturday 8:00 am 1:00 pm
-Sunday 7:00 am to 6:00 pm (with break)
Some Saturday and Sunday evening events begin after 6 pm.
Holy Week, Easter Vigil, Christmas Eve are services that begin after 6 pm. Christmas Eve and Easter Day services are large and require extra manpower. These dates are required for this position when they land on Friday night through Sunday night.
Interested candidates should complete our Staff Application at www.stmes.org/careers.