Nashville, TN United States
Episcopal School of Nashville seeks a passionate, entrepreneurial, and hard-working individual who is energized by work with families to serve as a World Language Teacher beginning July 1, 2021.
Located in the historic Ross Building in East Nashville, the school opened its doors in the summer of 2016. Episcopal School of Nashville is a diverse urban independent school and is dedicated to nurturing the joy of learning and the spirit of discovery in each of its students. Caring, committed faculty members, in partnership with parents, serve as role models, mentors, and guides. Episcopal School continually strives for an academically talented and ethnically diverse student body and seeks the same in its faculty.
Candidates should hold a bachelor’s degree with solid knowledge of a foreign language—native or near native fluency. Candidates will embrace the school’s mission and educational philosophy; candidates must be willing to work in a team environment and be positive, inspirational, and family-centered.
The World Languages Program seeks to help students grow in their enjoyment, appreciation, understanding, and fluency of languages; this includes culture, vocabulary, and communication skills. The ideal candidate will be a visionary who is an organized and experienced educator, an excellent communicator, a compassionate team-builder, and an ethical leader focused on student-centered learning. They must be able to work collectively with other faculty and staff, be eager about working with students from diverse backgrounds, and lead and inspire students and colleagues. Maintaining a positive classroom culture is also essential.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Teach Pre-K through seventh-grade world language classes with an emphasis on vocabulary, culture, and practical use of the language
- Design and lead student-centered lessons that facilitate both an understanding of the language, in addition to how to speak and write in a meaningful way
- Coordinate with homeroom teachers in Early Childhood and Lower School and Advisors in Middle School
- Collaborate with colleagues in all classes to create a cohesive and integrated program
- Attend faculty meetings and community events outside of school hours
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to our Episcopal School of Nashville team through firstname.lastname@example.org.