Biennial Conference 2010
Thursday, November 18 - Saturday, November 20, 2010
San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter Hotel
On-site registration at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter Hotel will be available for this conference.
On-line registration has closed.
Biennial Conference 2010's professional and institutional development opportunities will support and strengthen you in the leadership and governance of your school, the articulation of its Episcopal identity, and your own professional and spiritual development. The program will offer you worship; keynote addresses; the opportunity to connect, engage, and share with your peers; and the ability to contribute to the growing body of knowledge and best practices about Episcopal school mission and ministry.
From Every Family, Language, People, and Nation (Rev. 5:9) will be our theme and speaks to the growing diversity and pluralism in our country and Church. How is it that Episcopal schools, as Christian communities, articulate their identities while welcoming, supporting, and entering into dialog with students and families of various faith traditions and cultures? What strategies and programs have proven successful? What are the areas of concern? How do we make Episcopal education truly accessible and welcoming to all who come to us? These are but a few of the theme-related questions we hope to examine in workshops, plenary session, and other gatherings.
We look forward to seeing you in the Lone Star State!
Related Web Pages and Sites:
Biennial Conference 2010: Hotel and Travel Information
Biennial Conference 2010: Thank You Conference Sponsors and Tabletop Displays
Biennial Conference 2010: Special Focus Session and Workshop Handouts
|Biennial Conference 2010: Presenter Manual|
|BIennial Conference 2010: Registration Brochure|
Registration Includes:Biennial Conference 2010 features registration packages for the full conference, Friday only, and spouses as follows:
- Full Conference — Includes Thursday's community service project, four (4) On-Site Special Focus Sessions, and the Wine and Cheese Reception; Friday's breakfast and luncheon with speakers, 45 workshops, 4 poster sessions, the coffee break, and access to resources, the bookstore, and exhibits; and Saturday's 12 workshops and the closing session. Not included are Thursday's Off-Site Special Focus Sessions and Saturday's seven (7) Networking Breakfasts, for which extra fees will be required. This package will be offered at Member (Early Bird, Early Bird Group of 5 or more, On-Time, and On-Site), Non-Member, Speaker, and Seminarian rates.
- Friday Only — Includes all events on Friday: breakfast with speaker; luncheon with speakers; 45 workshops and 4 poster sessions in three blocks; coffee break; and access to resources, exhibits, and the bookstore. This package available only to 2010-2011 NAES members from the dioceses of West Texas and Texas.
- Spouses — Includes Thursday's community service project and Wine and Cheese Reception; Friday's breakfast with speaker and a special tour and off-site lunch; Saturday's closing session; and access to resources, exhibits, and the bookstore. Spouses may purchase tickets for Thursday's Off-Site Special Focus Sessions and Saturday's Networking Breakfasts. This package will not be available to spouses who are Episcopal school leaders and are planning to attend workshops and all regular events.
For Biennial Conference 2010 member rates of any kind, 2010-2011 NAES membership dues must be received on or before the applicable conference registration deadline.
- Member Early Bird Individual: September 24
- Member Early Bird Group of 5+ (mail registrations only): September 24
- Member On-Time: October 22
- Friday Only (2010-2011 NAES members from the Dioceses of West Texas and Texas Only; mail registrations only): October 22
- Member On-Site: Any time after October 22
- Non-member, Speaker/Presenter, Seminarian, and Spouse: Available at any time.
Who Should Attend:Heads of school, Early Childhood Education program directors, rectors, trustees, vestry members, chaplains and teachers of religion, senior administrators and faculty members, diocesan and regional school leaders, education professionals and consultants and friends are encouraged to come together to learn and to teach, to share and to network, to celebrate and to give thanks for the mission and ministry of Episcopal schools.
Meeting Attire:Attire for the conference is school or business casual attire.
Registration Fees:These fees are available through 10/29/2010
|Speaker/Presenter: Full Conference||$395.00||
This is a list of presenters for Biennial Conference 2010.
|Spouse of Registered Participant||$250.00|
Cancellation and Other Policies:Written cancellations received by fax at 212.460.5460 on or before 5:00 p.m. (EST) on Friday, October 22, 2010 are entitled to a full refund, less a $75 processing fee. Requests received after this deadline or by any means other than fax will not be entitled to a refund of any kind.
All registrations and reservations are subject to acceptance. Registrations and reservations received without payment will be returned. Registrations are NOT transferable and cannot be split among conference attendees. Any and all liability of the National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES) with respect to registration, reservations, cancellations, changes in the location or content of the program, and refunds is limited to a sum no greater than the registration fee paid. Under no circumstances shall NAES be liable for incidental or consequential damages of any kind, including, but not limited to, the cost of transportation or lodging. Submission of registration and payment constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions herein.
NAES or its contractors may be photographing or videotaping sessions and events at Biennial Conference 2010. By attending the NAES Biennial Conference 2010, attendees understand and agree to allow their image to be used by NAES in Association publications, on its web site and in marketing or promotional materials. Photo images may also be shared with the media. Attendance at the meeting waives NAES from liability resulting from these uses.
Is Media Allowed?Yes
General Hotel Information:For information about making hotel reservations at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter Hotel for Biennial Conference 2010, go to Biennial Conference 2010: Hotel and Travel Information.
Travel Information:For information about traveling to Biennial Conference 2010, go to Biennial Conference 2010: Hotel and Travel Information.
For more information please contact:Ms. Glenys Natera
Palisades Convention Management
Phone: (212) 460-9700
Fax: (212) 460-5460