Episcopal Identity Amidst Religious Pluralism: A Conference for Chaplains and Teachers of Religion
Friday, February 10 (8am) - Sunday, February 12, 2006 (12pm US/Eastern)
Marriott Tampa Westshore
The Conference will explore Episcopal identity in the context of school communities that increasing serve not only Episcopal students, but also other Christian and non-Christian students and students from no formal religious background. Presentations, discussions and resource sharing will focus principally on:
• school worship;
• religious studies curricula; and
• community life.
Conference leaders include:
• The Rev. R. Douglas Carter, Chaplain, Berkeley Preparatory School, Tampa, Florida;
• The Rev. Peter G. Cheney, Executive Director, NAES;
• The Rev. W. Patrick Gahan III, D.Min., Rector, St. Stephen's Episcopal Church and School, Wimberley, Texas, and former Episcopal school chaplain; and
• The Rev. Jamie Lynn Hamilton, Instructor of Religion, Phillips Exeter Academy, Exeter, New Hampshire.
Participants are asked to bring sample liturgies and religious studies curricula for the resource sharing portion of the program.
|2006 NAES Chaplains and Teachers of Religion Conference Registration Form (.pdf)|
Registration Includes:The per-person conference registration rates include all sessions, conference materials, and the following meals:
• Friday's welcome dinner at, and transportation to and from, Berkeley Preparatory School, hosted by Joe Merluzzi, Headmaster;
• Saturday's continental breakfast and lunch; and
• Sunday's continental breakfast.
Please note that on-site registration is not available for the Conference.
A special “Spouse Meal Package” is available for $75 per spouse and includes all of the above-listed conference meals. Please call the NAES office for details and to sign up your spouse.
The registration deadline for this conference is January 26, 2006.
Who Should Attend:The Conference is designed for Episcopal school chaplains and teachers of religion.
Meeting Attire:Casual and comfortable is the plan.
Registration Fees:These fees are available through 01/29/2006
Cancellation and Other Policies:Written cancellations received by fax, 212.286.9366, or by e-mail, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, no later than 5:00 p.m. EST on Friday, January 27, 2006, are entitled to a full refund less a $50 processing fee. Requests received after 5:00 p.m. EST on Friday, January 27, 2006, or by any means other than fax or e-mail will not be entitled to a refund of any kind. NAES is not responsible for any obligation incurred because of airline or travel cancellations or curtailments.
General Hotel Information:Marriott Tampa Westshore
1001 North Westshore Boulevard
Tampa, FL 33607
813.287.2555 or 800.228.9290
The rate is $159 per night plus applicable taxes, single, double, triple or quadruple occupancy. You must make your reservations on or before Thursday, January 19, 2006 by contacting the hotel directly. Be sure to ask for the "NAES Chaplains Conference" block.
For more information please contact:Mr. David J. Schnabel CAE